Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Short story, my 1989 VN750 dropped a valve into the front cylinder and is now dead.
The front cylinder and front cylinder head is trashed (though the intake cam is in great shape).

I have since replaced it with a 2005 VN750.
Is there any parts anyone is looking for?
It does have some road rash on the left side on a few parts.

EDIT: I have a link to a Google Sheets document with the parts available, condition and my offered price (Or Best Offer). Not all parts available are listed. Just ask if you don't see it. Buyer pays actual shipping costs.

It was running well prior to this with no major issues beyond a coolant leak. It had 27k miles on it.
Splines are in good shape. It does have a windshield.
Front and rear intake cams are in great shape.
Rear piston and cylinder are clean with a fresh re-hone and new rings (< 20 miles).
Clutch basket was drilled.
I have a rectifier relocation bracket.
No electrical issues (beyond having replaced the rectifier).
All switches/relays work.
It has an intact and removed surge tank.
K&N filters for ears.
2 year old clutch cable.
All lighting/gauges/sensors work.
New engine mount dampers, as well as internal engine dampers.
New exhaust gaskets.
Full stock exhaust minus right side head shield.
No tears in the seat.
Rust free dent free gas tank and fenders.
Clean carburetors.
New Petcock.

I'll pull off and ship whatever someone is looking for.
I'd like the whole bike gone by the end of the year.

Only thing I plan to keep at this time is the inner stator cover, the rectifier and the tires.
I'll be swapping the tires with my new bike, so it will have tires. Just tires from 2009 with some age cracking.
Make me an offer for the whole bike (minus the parts above).

I had the engine apart (without splitting crank case) over the winter, so I can provide pictures of some of the internals.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
If you’re going to go the parts route, I’d be interested in the tachometer/temp gauge. My temp gauge is dead and mostly all used ones I’ve seen on eBay look trashy. Also did you have the rectifier behind the side cover or out in the open? If the bracket fits behind the cover I may be interested in that as well.

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Somebody here was looking for a tank in the past ten days or so.

Need to look my bike over, see if I need anything.

How is the headlight ring, clean?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you’re going to go the parts route, I’d be interested in the tachometer/temp gauge. My temp gauge is dead and mostly all used ones I’ve seen on eBay look trashy. Also did you have the rectifier behind the side cover or out in the open? If the bracket fits behind the cover I may be interested in that as well.
The gauge itself is clean, as well as the back cover is in great shape. I repainted the front ring to cover some rust, with a gray paint. There's a little bit of overspray on the glass. I'll try to get a better picture for you tonight. All bulbs are working in the gauge.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The tank was painted and clear-coated with a two-part chemical resistant clear coat. The finished did wrinkle in the sun, but it kind of looks cool. Someone may want to repaint it though. It had the 1980s era sticker decal, so I put Vulcan 900 badges on it.

Unfortunately, the headlight ring has a little bit of road rash.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
The gauge itself is clean, as well as the back cover is in great shape. I repainted the front ring to cover some rust, with a gray paint. There's a little bit of overspray on the glass. I'll try to get a better picture for you tonight. All bulbs are working in the gauge.
If you can’t get good pics on here feel free to PM me and I’ll give you an email address. If it’s in good shape and a good price I can always re-spray it with chrome paint. I’m planning on getting a can anyway to re-spray my mufflers when I eventually repair them

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Here is the road rash I was referring to. It's otherwise clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can’t get good pics on here feel free to PM me and I’ll give you an email address. If it’s in good shape and a good price I can always re-spray it with chrome paint. I’m planning on getting a can anyway to re-spray my mufflers when I eventually repair them
Only surface dirt and gray over-spray, but otherwise in great shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have the turn signals? I really only need the bases for the turn signals, if they are the same style as what is on my 2002. Mine are all cracking and falling apart. The last owner did a strange bandaid fix and used RTV to "glue" it back together. Needless to say, it aint working.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have the turn signals? I really only need the bases for the turn signals, if they are the same style as what is on my 2002. Mine are all cracking and falling apart. The last owner did a strange bandaid fix and used RTV to "glue" it back together. Needless to say, it aint working.
I have all four signals. One has road rash on the chrome, and a partly melted lens when I was messing around with an LED retrofit.

I would like to keep the road-rash bowl to keep working on the LED retrofit. I can detach the stalk from that one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have all four signals. One has road rash on the chrome, and a partly melted lens when I was messing around with an LED retrofit.

I would like to keep the road-rash bowl to keep working on the LED retrofit. I can detach the stalk from that one.

I think I am interested. Pics? I'll try to remember to check back as I dont get notifications. Maybe a PM might help too. lol

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I am interested. Pics? I'll try to remember to check back as I dont get notifications. Maybe a PM might help too. lol
Left side, rear first, then front. All in great shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right side, rear first. The right rear stalk is in great shape, but the bowl has road rash and the lens has some melting. The front right stalk does sag a bit, but it will "sag" back to straight if you use it for the right rear or left front.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Hey Jason, how about the centerstand?

... still need to check for other parts, but just remembered bending my centerstand when I went down. It makes it kinda wonky standing it up and the bike leans.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Jason, how about the centerstand?

... still need to check for other parts, but just remembered bending my centerstand when I went down. It makes it kinda wonky standing it up and the bike leans.
It's in great shape. Perhaps a touch of surface rust, but no pitting/bending/scratches etc.
I probably ought to remove the engine before I take off the center stand, or that'll be a tough job later on!

Shoot me a PM with a price.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts