Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Nah that pipe is fine where it is. I don't see a lot of movement taking place where its going to get hit.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Jack up the bike and see if the tire comes closer as it sags under the weight of the bike should be fine though
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Sits about the same place my crossover does without issue. One thing I will reccomend, set it on the center stand and make a guard where the side stand comes close. It will save you boots and if you wrap them like I did, the wrapping. Found out the hard way.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
If you paint them instead of wrapping them make sure you get header paint and not engine paint. My apologies if you already know that.

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already know, but no apologies needed - it was suggested in good faith lol. And yeah its up on the center stand until I finish everything else so I'll make sure to mod it accordingly.

I have to say, idk if it's just me, but it's near impossible to get my bike on center stand. I have to rock all my body weight and Push to get it up there.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
I already know, but no apologies needed - it was suggested in good faith lol. And yeah its up on the center stand until I finish everything else so I'll make sure to mod it accordingly.

I have to say, idk if it's just me, but it's near impossible to get my bike on center stand. I have to rock all my body weight and Push to get it up there.

Push? As in your facing the rear? I get the middle of my boot on the pad, (facing the front) grab both hand grips, lean forward and while Pulling back I stand up on the pad. Momentum does the rest.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
hey brother, nothing really surprises me anymore, I watched a kid do that before. I've seen people slip off the peg, land on their back as the bike lands on them. Hell I had a guy roll up next to me at a stop light, forget to poot his foot/feet down and fall the fuq over,, He Fell The Fuq Over, lol. So yeah nothing surprises me.

I guess it probably helps that I'm a biggn though.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Sits about the same place my crossover does without issue. One thing I will reccomend, set it on the center stand and make a guard where the side stand comes close. It will save you boots and if you wrap them like I did, the wrapping. Found out the hard way.
X2 on the pipe wrapping, I've still got scars on my calfs. You will want the wrap.

I suspect you may find your carbs may need a little adjusting since you've reduced back pressure that much even with the extended pipes.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
As long as he cuts the pipes somewhere near the rear axle, and I bllieve he's putting baffles in to, if he opens to 2 1/2 should be fine....

As for the center stand, Im 6'1" and I have issues.....it wasnt set up for the "regular joe"....

There's a thread and a video here someplace on the best way to do it....

1 - 20 of 162 Posts