Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I will be replacing my clutch soon to a Barnett Kevlar one. While inside the clutch area, what else should I be looking at for possible preventative maintenance or to upgrade since I will be inside the clutch area. I plan on drilling some holes in the clutch basket to stop the damn "Coffee Grinder" noise. Thank you in advance for any help.:smiley_th

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
Not sure if there is anything to "look" for, but if I am not mistaken, to pull off the clutch basket to drill the holes you need to remove the right engine cover, not the clutch cover.... Which is what you only need to take off if you are just replacing the clutch.

So make sure you get the right gaskets.

You are replacing the clutch springs too right?

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess what I am referring to as the clutch cover ....is really the right side engine cover. Round 8" circular plate next to right front foot peg. Also Yes, The new clutch kit came with new heavier tension clutch springs. I guess with the heavier springs.....my clutch cable life will be shortened due to the added stress on the cable? I believe the only gasket I should need for this job would be the one for the right side engine cover? Thanks again for your input on this I just want to fix things right in the areas where I am taking things apart.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I guess what I am referring to as the clutch cover ....is really the right side engine cover. Round 8" circular plate next to right front foot peg. Also Yes, The new clutch kit came with new heavier tension clutch springs. I guess with the heavier springs.....my clutch cable life will be shortened due to the added stress on the cable? I believe the only gasket I should need for this job would be the one for the right side engine cover? Thanks again for your input on this I just want to fix things right in the areas where I am taking things apart.
That's the clutch cover. The engine cover is what the clutch cover bolts to; has a hose nipple at the front for the lower radiator hose, and a curved chrome water pipe coming out the top to the engine. You'll need the gasket for the engine cover if you're gonna drill the holes; part # 11060-1090. 11060-1088 is the outer (clutch) cover gasket.

Seriously doubt the heavier springs will shorten clutch cable life, provided it's maintained properly in the first place.

Jim

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks....I was looking at my service manual last night and realized what the right engine cover was......thank you for the part#'s that helps alot. :smiley_th

1 - 5 of 5 Posts