Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with hoses. I got the one in the center of the carbs or between them with the hose sticking out the top and I think that hooks to the thing under the tank that is attached to the tank.

On the sides of the carbs, there is a brass nib that a hose hooks to but I don't know where they go. Both sides is where I am lost. Also on the petcock at the rear of it is a nib for a hose but I don't know where that goes either.

I am very close to starting this bike is I can get my hoses arranged right.

Thank you in advance.

Blessings!
Richard

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
IIRC The carb vent actually goes to the right ear. Nothing attaches under the tank where the float switch is.the port on the back of the petcock goes to the vacuum port on the left carb...the vacuum port on the right carb can be plugged.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally figured out most of it. The port on the right side of the bike seems to go to a part of the water system or at least a hose that was on the bike falls into place there.

The tubes between the carbs I found in the manual go into the right ear but I managed to put that tubing on backward and the hose won't stretch far enough for me to get it there so I will extend it to make it. Not pulling those carbs again unless I have to.

There was a large size tube connected under the tank but I can't figure where the other end goes.

Blessings!
Richard

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
if its the one about an inch in diam. then it goes to the emissions crap just in front of the battery box

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
if you leave it off i suggest you do the coastering procedure or atleast marble the bike but no i guess you dont have to have it hooked up but at least plug it off

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so then where does it connect. I can't find anything that will take it except under the tank.

Blessings!
Richard

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
front side goes into the surge box under the tank above the carbs and the back end hooks into the emissions valve under the seat just in front of the battery box

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, then this is another hose. The hose you are describing I never took loose. The hose that I am talking about I could have sworn came off of that black thing under the tank.

It might actually not come on the bike and it just ended up there.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
that black thing under the tank is the surge tank i am talking about

i am going to stop helping you now because i am getting annoyed

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...easy there, lance....not everone is as mechanically aptituded as others... ;)

...take a breath, have some popcorn and a cold, frosty.... :D

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
cant do it brother all i got is milk and cookies and they are making my tooth hurt lol

i don't have the emissions crap on my bike anymore or i would just take pics and post them up for all

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, the surge tank is what combines the air system from the breathers to the carbs unless that isn't the surge tank.

What I am talking about is under the tank. If you tank the tank off and flip it over you will see a small black piece of plastic with a port on it. That is what I am referring to under the tank.

That is where I think this large black hose came from.

Blessings!
Richard

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Ok, the surge tank is what combines the air system from the breathers to the carbs unless that isn't the surge tank.

What I am talking about is under the tank. If you tank the tank off and flip it over you will see a small black piece of plastic with a port on it. That is what I am referring to under the tank.

Blessings!
Richard
That is just the cap for the fuel sending unit. Nothing connects to it even though it has a hose nipple. the surge tank does connect both air filter to the carbs. It sits in between the upper frame just under the tank.

Look HERE for emissions diagram. Maybe this will help you.

This is a diagram of the gas tank. Look to the lower right. See the piece with the nipple? That is the cover you keep referring to. Nothing connects to it.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
...What I am talking about is under the tank. If you tank the tank off and flip it over you will see a small black piece of plastic with a port on it. That is what I am referring to under the tank.

Blessings!
Richard
I already covered that in post #2........
Nothing goes there.........

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
A pic of what you have would be helpful here.... and you didn't say if the bike had CA emissions crap on it or not.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
blazblu82;232173[I said:
That is just the cap for the fuel sending unit. Nothing connects to it even though it has a hose nipple. the surge tank does connect both air filter to the carbs. It sits in between the upper frame just under the tank.[/I]

Look HERE for emissions diagram. Maybe this will help you.

This is a diagram of the gas tank. Look to the lower right. See the piece with the nipple? That is the cover you keep referring to. Nothing connects to it.
x2 ...BlazBlu nailed it !

and Yes, DaRiv, u r right.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts