Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came here with a dead bike and some parts, as well as a collection of Hondas. I had never been into Kawasakis to any extent, and this one was no exception. I really don't like late model vehicles, preferring cars from the 30s-60s, and bikes from the 70s, but I've come to the conclusion that I really dig the VN750, whether it's an '86 or a 2006.

I rejected the original carbs in favor of a straight set off a 700, scavenging the needles and jets, which were quite fortunately intact. After a good cleaning and reassembly, my dead bike purrs like a horny kitten. The transmission also seems to be intact. I've decided to go ahead and put it all together. Tomorrow I'll flush the cooling system and replace all the hoses. I'm hoping they make rubber expansion plugs small enough to fill my freeze plug hole.

So I should be riding it in a few days, and I have this forum to thank for it. Once I get the extra cash, I'll have a Vulcan patch to sew onto my jacket as well.

Thank you, and thank you, and thank you again.

·
Geek
872 Posts
My bike is an 05 so I don't have a lot of repair experience with it. The folks on this site are very helpfull and have fun doing it. Wish I could have helped.

Another happy camper.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
It sure is fun, and we're one big happy family, right? Not many places I can go for the camaraderie, even if it is just virtual (until the next gathering).

·
Now what
400 Posts
If you think it was fun putting it together, wait until you actually ride it!:pepper:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
When I went to look at my Vulcan, before I bought it, I told them I wanted to take a test ride.
While doing that, I didn't want to go back to get my truck & trailer !! I just wanted to keep on riding it !!
And Dave, with the design of the bike staying virtually the same for 20+ years, it is kinda like a bike from the good ol' years no matter what year it is !!
But then again, that seems to be the downfall of the Vulcan 750. Old style bike when everyone's wanting something new.
Enjoy your Vulcan Dave. They are great bikes !!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Real close. Rear coil went out. Won't be long. A honda four coil is almost the same thing.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
ohhh a hondasaki vulcan?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hizzo3 said:
ohhh a hondasaki vulcan?
almost sounds like the factory was moved to Poland

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hizzo3 said:
ohhh a hondasaki vulcan?

Parts is parts, right? Why wait and spend money when I have the part on hand?

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Yeah, and as long as the output is sufficient, a coil is a coil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts