Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

All hail the the 750

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  slimvulcanrider 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
that makes sence , the HD top speed is about 85, the 750 will do 120 , maybe 130 if you push it . :rockon:
Hmmm, I checked and my Sportster still has HD on the tank, my GPS & speedo must be fouled up 122 & 125, wait, that's the same GPS I used with my vn750 when the speedo said 114 tops and the GPS said 105...
So maybe you shouldn't put your title up against just any Hardly...lol...:beerchug:...
Hey just kidding, I haven't had my Sportster much over 100 yet, enjoying the devil out of the mountain roads more than top end speeds...
Ran into an ole (young) shooting friend at the Kaw. shop the other day, and he was on one of those XR/14s or whatever, tried to get me to ride it, I told him I wasn't that crazy yet...lol...
He said his brother had one of those Suzuki Habusas (sp) till he cleaned his clock, and then he traded for a Kaw. XR/14 also, he said 180s + are no problem at all... I cannot even imagine me on a bike at that speed...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#6 ·
The 750 is definitely a quick bike, especially compared to my 1500 classic. The 1500 surely has some punch to it, and when I've needed to punch it, it responds. But the 750 really was a rocket. Now my KZ1000P once I had it running great was sneaky fast. I say sneaky because it just went, but didn't "scream" about it. The Vulcan's seem to holler when you punch them! Makes you feel like your going faster. ;) I don't know what the specs are on the KZP but even with all that gear, fully dressed, you'd better be hanging on if you down shifted and rolled on hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.