Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Price reduced from 600 to 400 Washingtons. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

When I was a young man I had a lot of dreams for my girl. I wanted her to the best and I showered her with shiny bobbles. Well, here I am again, trotting out my $1000 dollar Day Long Seat. It has never been on the bike.

I would love to get 600 for it. No sense in telling me that's too expensive. I may just take it apart for anything less to see the 'Day Long magic'. I hear these seats are the best.

Anyway, most of you have seen these pictures before but even so they serve as a reminder to all of us...Love is blind and that causes us to spend those pennies.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for commenting. I tried to see if I could use it on my vn900. The weather really hasn't cooperated.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I would love to try that seat, but I won't even insult you with a lower offer since I can't afford it now anyway.
...trade one of your many scoots for it :doh::doh:

lol
:smiley_th

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
This is justo for my courisity since I can't afford it but how soes the rear of the seat attach?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Just to show where my mind is....I first read this :

I wanted her to the best and I showered her with shiny bobbles.
...as "shower her with shiny boobies"....meh, works for me....

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is justo for my courisity since I can't afford it but how soes the rear of the seat attach?
Great question. The rear fender would have to be moded and I'm guessing a bracket made for under the seat. It is six inches longer I believe than the standard seat. It has an all leather upper and I think the sides are vinyl. It's been so long I forget. :confused:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Thanks for commenting. I tried to see if I could use it on my vn900. The weather really hasn't cooperated.
Great question. The rear fender would have to be moded and I'm guessing a bracket made for under the seat. It is six inches longer I believe than the standard seat. It has an all leather upper and I think the sides are vinyl. It's been so long I forget. :confused:
Upon closer inspection of the pictures it seems the Day Long seat does not have have a backrest for the pillon passenger!! I never knew that before.

Mike could you measure the length of the Day Long seat and post it so I can compare with the Kouchasaki seat. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Upon closer inspection of the pictures it seems the Day Long seat does not have have a backrest for the pillon passenger!! I never know that before.

Mike could you measure the length of the Day Long seat and post it so I can compare with the Kouchasaki seat. thanks
Sure, The length is 31". The springs are heavy duty as the seat was built to hold a person who's 225lbs. I'm really not sure what heavy duty springs means. All I know is I couldn't have spent another penny on the seat. I have a cover as well. I don't have a standard Kawa seat.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Price reduced from 600 to 400 Washingtons. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

·
Registered
936 Posts
That looks comfy? Never got to try it?

How (or does) it work with the passenger backrest and tool box? Or is that all negated with this seat?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Sure, The length is 31". The springs are heavy duty as the seat was built to hold a person who's 225lbs. I'm really not sure what heavy duty springs means. All I know is I couldn't have spent another penny on the seat. I have a cover as well. I don't have a standard Kawa seat.
Sorry I took so long to get back here Mike. :(
The stock seat is about 26-27 inches long to the bottom lower corner of the backrest.

The 31 inch long Daylong seat would extend back just over half the length of the chrome part of the tail light housing, or 2 1/2 inches. That chrome piece is almost 4 inches long.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
That looks comfy? Never got to try it?

How (or does) it work with the passenger backrest and tool box? Or is that all negated with this seat?
Yeah, the backrest and toolbox will not fit with this seat. :(

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, the backrest and toolbox will not fit with this seat. :(
Yes, the passenger would not have a backrest. I had it on the bike for fitment and looked at mocking up a bracket from the top part of the backrest. The tool box would have to be relocated or modded. I wish I still had my bike so I could sketch something up. The whole process is a challenge.:smiley_th

I'm really pissed cuz after a semi long ride on my VN750 I was pretty uncomfortable. Riders claim they can go hours and hours on these things without discomfort. Everyone praises them. I was even wondering if the back seat could be taken off (padding and etc) and modded on another seat pan. I may do that with my vn900.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Yes, the passenger would not have a backrest. I had it on the bike for fitment and looked at mocking up a bracket from the top part of the backrest. The tool box would have to be relocated or modded. I wish I still had my bike so I could sketch something up. The whole process is a challenge.:smiley_th

I'm really pissed cuz after a semi long ride on my VN750 I was pretty uncomfortable. Riders claim they can go hours and hours on these things without discomfort. Everyone praises them. I was even wondering if the back seat could be taken off (padding and etc) and modded on another seat pan. I may do that with my vn900.
Just curious what is it supposed to fit? That might look good on my 1500,if it won't go on yours.

I just hate to spend that much on something and then end up working on it.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just curious what is it supposed to fit? That might look good on my 1500,if it won't go on yours.

I just hate to spend that much on something and then end up working on it.
Therein lies the rub. The experience could be similar that dopey commercial where a husband and wife sit down with a faucet and ask a guy across from them to build a house around their faucet. Seriously, It does fit on the VN 750 since it was built off of the original pan. The curvature of the pan isn't VN900 friendly. There's a gap which cannot be overcome.

I should just pop off those staples and see what's going on under that seat. I could buy a beat up solo seat pan for my bike and convert it. I could get some pictures a pan for a VN750 solo and convert the front part of the seat with backrest.

Or, I could just continue to go out of my mind trying to sell it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts