Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a pretty new rider, rode 20 years ago in my early 20s for a few seasons. Just bought myself a 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 750. I have virtually no mechanical knowledge, but intend to learn as I go on this bike. I bought the now 30 year old bike because I got a great deal on it, and I like the idea of owning a classic vehicle. It runs great, but needs the carbs cleaned, And I need to brighten the chrome (it doesn't seem Pitted) I am interested in customizing my bike and making it my own. I live in akron Ohio. Which means my bike will be in storage approx. 6 months a year. If I didn't leave any info you are interested in, just let me know.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the bike. It is a great one to learn on in my opinion. Plenty of info out there. Look forward to hearing what you do to make her your own. Pick out a name yet?

·
Super Moderator
767 Posts
I'm a pretty new rider, rode 20 years ago in my early 20s for a few seasons. Just bought myself a 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 750. I have virtually no mechanical knowledge, but intend to learn as I go on this bike. I bought the now 30 year old bike because I got a great deal on it, and I like the idea of owning a classic vehicle. It runs great, but needs the carbs cleaned, And I need to brighten the chrome (it doesn't seem Pitted) I am interested in customizing my bike and making it my own. I live in akron Ohio. Which means my bike will be in storage approx. 6 months a year. If I didn't leave any info you are interested in, just let me know.
Welcome from a fellow (former) buckeye. I've got family in Youngstown, Austintown, Howland, Warren and Cortland! I'll be up to visit next Spring or Early Summer, we'll have to meet up and ride a little!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,554 Posts
Welcome to the nucking futhouse

·
Roger "Gandalf" Davis
2 Posts
Welcome to a fellow Buckeye. I'm down in Canton. I also learned to ride on the VN750 (if you don't count the Honda 200 that barely ran). I've done some electrical modifications in the past but nothing major. Sadly my ride has been garaged for several years. I've got to start getting it in running order, but I say that every year. Hope you enjoy the ride.
Gandalf
VROC #510

1 - 10 of 10 Posts