Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Airhawk recently came out with an Airhawk II seat cushion. Just got mine yesterday. It retails for around $100 vs the $150+ for the Airhawk. Seems to me the difference is in the material used, the Airhawk uses neoprene rubber, the Airhawk II polyurethane. The II has a 1 year warranty vs. 2 years for the original. Otherwise, looks and acts the same. Somewhere I read the original is good for 1,000 miles a day, the II for around 600. Don't know about you, but 600 per day is above my comfort level!!

They came out with this model to be more price competetive with other products out there. Haven't had a chance to put big miles on it, but looking forward to trying it out.

Dudley

·
Registered
192 Posts
Try to keep us informed on how it works out; I've been looking at those myself. Much easier on the wallet since I need two. The wife has a Savage that's not much better for comfort than our Vulcans.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Im curious as well. Not sure which one to get...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did 40 miles after work yesterday, very comfortable. May still have a little too much air, but getting close. I'm gonna enjoy this purchase.

·
m1sparky
2 Posts
I need one. Someone said "medium" but vendor says "small". What did you get, and have you given it a good test yet? Also, how about for the ride-behind-wife? Thanks! Mark

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Your pillon passenger might like the Buttybuddy seat even better than the Airhawk.
I can`t seem make a link to www.buttybuddy.com right now.

Here`s a link to their pictures on Flicker:http://www.flickr.com/photos/buttybuddy/

It`s $150, same as original Airhawk, but looks like it will greatly improve the size of of the too small passenger seat on most bikes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the medium size for my seat, it seems to fit very well. The small would be for the passenger seat, I believe.

Dudley

·
Registered
56 Posts
:smiley_th I got the medium one. best purchase i have make for the bike. do not ride with out it.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
After a 600 mile round trip visit to south GA about 2 weekends ago, I am certainly looking to get one. Let me know how the II works. I don't think I'm ready to do a 1k a day trip so I don't think I would get the original lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts