Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i have a 94 vn750 that im restoring. I have successfully got the electrical going and the starter seems ok. I have spark and compression. The biggest problem is I have removed the air box and i do not know how to re route the vacuum or get it going. It will run if I directly put gas on the cylinder but of course without the carb contributing fuel it will eventually die. Right now i am not sure if my problem is the carb not delivering gas or the removal of airbox. There is also a tube that comes out of the front cylinder that i dont know where to connect. I plan on have it running without the airbox if possible. I hope somebody can help me thanks in advance

·
Registered
857 Posts
It's common to remove the airbox. Cap the vacuum port on the right carb, hook up the vacuum port on the left carb to the fuel petcock. Put a crankcase breather filter on end of tube on the front of the front cylinder. Put pod filters on the individual carburetors. Each carb has a fuel line that should hook directly to the fuel petcock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will definitely try this, how about the air tubes or connection under the seat. I remember that was connected to the right nipple of the carb that is being capped there are three hoses there. 1 is 1/4 line and the other two were thicker

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I think you mean the tubes going to each cylinder from the air valve, you can block these off by plugging them with a marble and reattach them, or others have removed these and covered the ports on the cylinders with coasters. There’s a few different ways to disable these.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's common to remove the airbox. Cap the vacuum port on the right carb, hook up the vacuum port on the left carb to the fuel petcock. Put a crankcase breather filter on end of tube on the front of the front cylinder. Put pod filters on the individual carburetors. Each carb has a fuel line that should hook directly to the fuel petcock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have done all those it sounds like the engine is starting from a cold start but i couldnt get it running. Any ideas after that? Thanks again

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,137 Posts
I have done all those it sounds like the engine is starting from a cold start but i couldnt get it running. Any ideas after that? Thanks again
Did you get it going? The 3rd line goes to the vacuum on the carb, that is what opens the fuel valve to the carbs. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i have what you said and the runs without dying. Finally after one month of rebuilding.

my only concern is the idling backfires a little Thank you all for your help this is my 1st kawasaki project i have done all harleys in the past and this was definitely a challenge for me.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts