Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Airbox removed need help badly.

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  khaisvt 
#1 ·
Hello,

i have a 94 vn750 that im restoring. I have successfully got the electrical going and the starter seems ok. I have spark and compression. The biggest problem is I have removed the air box and i do not know how to re route the vacuum or get it going. It will run if I directly put gas on the cylinder but of course without the carb contributing fuel it will eventually die. Right now i am not sure if my problem is the carb not delivering gas or the removal of airbox. There is also a tube that comes out of the front cylinder that i dont know where to connect. I plan on have it running without the airbox if possible. I hope somebody can help me thanks in advance

#2 ·
It's common to remove the airbox. Cap the vacuum port on the right carb, hook up the vacuum port on the left carb to the fuel petcock. Put a crankcase breather filter on end of tube on the front of the front cylinder. Put pod filters on the individual carburetors. Each carb has a fuel line that should hook directly to the fuel petcock.

#4 ·
I think you mean the tubes going to each cylinder from the air valve, you can block these off by plugging them with a marble and reattach them, or others have removed these and covered the ports on the cylinders with coasters. There’s a few different ways to disable these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.