Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Yea. I still don't understand why they sealed them... Well. I guess I do... But they should know peoplz are going to play around with it...

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Yea. I still don't understand why they sealed them... Well. I guess I do... But they should know peoplz are going to play around with it...
You can thank our Government and tree huggers,:baby: it's an EPA regulation to cut down on "green House" gases, because of the Global warming BS. :doh:

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
I'm kind of a tree hugger, and I don't think global warming is BS.
But that's no excuse to keep a man from tweaking his ride a little bit.
I sure hope you find that screw!

·
1992 VN 750
109 Posts
I have an extra one now that I have new carbs on the way. If you send a PM I will get your address and get it moving your direction.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I'm kind of a tree hugger, and I don't think global warming is BS.But that's no excuse to keep a man from tweaking his ride a little bit.
I sure hope you find that screw!
You should come up to Alberta in January or February for a couple of weeks during a Minus 30*cold spell, :wow: and you would be all in favor of global warming!! <BG> It`s hard to believe in any kind of global warming when you are working outside intemperatures like that.

I`m not giving you a hard time msh, mankind has certainly managed to turn ever increasing areas of this world into wastelands and cesspools.:(

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
You should come up to Alberta in January or February for a couple of weeks during a Minus 30*cold spell, :wow: and you would be all in favor of global warming!! <BG> It`s hard to believe in any kind of global warming when you are working outside intemperatures like that.

I`m not giving you a hard time msh, mankind has certainly managed to turn ever increasing areas of this world into wastelands and cesspools.:(
Unfortunate, but true! There is only one earth, and it's resources are limited.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've done some environmental work, both engineering and legal. GW is real, unfortunately. We're just on the edge of a long bumpy slope and haven't yet begun to pick up serious speed. It'll be a huge problem for our grandkids - in ways we might not yet fully understand. I happen to think that even small changes in climate could make a big impact on, for example, crop yields. Harms that are diverse and won't materalize for awhile are the hardest to see. Especially when it means having to change what you do in the course of your daily life.

But, unfortunately, the extremes of both sides tend to shift the argument a bit too far from what's really likely to happen.

Regardless of GW, it makes sense not to dump crap into the environment - you guys should see some drinking water samples polluted coal tar from 19th century gas work plants (you know, like gas lighting?). That stuff is *still* killing fish and causing cancer.

That said, I've been known to turn a screw out a bit. Overall, I'm sure I use less gas with the Vulcan as my primary transportation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts