Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually to set the air/fuel mixture on my carbs I will start off at 2 1/2 turns then ride it and adjust 1/4 turns at a time and also check the plugs for the right color. What and how do you all set your carbs. Been looking at a new tool to add to my collection (gunson color tune), its awsome, look it up on youtube.

·
Banned
448 Posts
The way I adjust mine is I set the screws to 2.5 turns, start it, and after it's warmed up good, set the idle to 1,000 RPM's, and start with either carb.
I slowly turn the mixture screw in until the idle starts to drop, then turn it back out till it idles smoothly, then do the other carb. It will take a few times to get them set, but it works good for me.
I have done it that way for years on all kinds of carbs on cars, bikes, ATV's and such, and have always had good luck.
You can ride it for a while then check the color of the plugs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool!! I finally found a straight answer on how to adjust the fuel/air mixture on my 95 Vulcan 750.. Just so i'm completely clear, I remove the lead caps from both air screws, turn both in till they bottom out softly, then turn them out 2.5 turns before starting..Turn one screw at a time in until the 1000rpm drops slightly then turn out till idle smooths out.. Repeat for other side,,.I think i can handle that.. Thanks for the thread!! Here goes nothing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts