Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #21
Ok cool, at least i know what I'm looking at,

I am not coastered, I just stuck marbles in the hoses so if I ever needed to switch it back it would be quick. everything is still intact. I had adjusted the A/F screws but even with about 3 full turns out it still popped. That's why i said "I have to be missing something"

I'll try this hose and if that still doesn't fix it, I will check the coast enrichers as you suggested before.

A pop here and there is fine, but the other day we took a ride up towards Asbury Park in NJ, when i accelerated up onto the highway or from a toll booth, just letting off the gas to shift made it sound like a lit an entire pack of firecrackers.

Hopefully this will do the trick,

Spockster, you're the man, the help is much appreciated

Registered

I am not coastered, I just stuck marbles in the hoses so if I ever needed to switch it back it would be quick. everything is still intact. I had adjusted the A/F screws but even with about 3 full turns out it still popped. That's why i said "I have to be missing something"

I'll try this hose and if that still doesn't fix it, I will check the coast enrichers as you suggested before.

A pop here and there is fine, but the other day we took a ride up towards Asbury Park in NJ, when i accelerated up onto the highway or from a toll booth, just letting off the gas to shift made it sound like a lit an entire pack of firecrackers.

Thanks for the praise, I'm just someone that happens to have time to post answers. 馃檪

Ok, if the air system valve was removed, then you had a vacuum leak there.

It's probably the pipes making it sound off so much. You will probably need a richer pilot jet if the popping doesn't improve after closing the vac leak. Even then it could still make some racket on decel, with open pipes.

Registered

Thanks for the praise, I'm just someone that happens to have time to post answers. 馃檪

Ok, if the air system valve was removed, then you had a vacuum leak there.

It's probably the pipes making it sound off so much. You will probably need a richer pilot jet if the popping doesn't improve after closing the vac leak. Even then it could still make some racket on decel, with open pipes.
Double post maybe. Loose nut on the keypad.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts