Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i adjusted my carbs to about 3-1/2 turns. the mixture is perfect now but i was told by someone that it was too much. so far i have had no problems, but wondering why it would be too much? is it because the screw/ spring will fall out? thanks - tim

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I've seen posted here before that it can fall out around 3.5-4 turns. You could get in there with a flashlight, (bike off) and find out for sure, but I think you're close to the edge.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just to clarify (and sorry for the thread jack), but you guys screw them in all the way and then count the turns as backing out from that point on, correct?

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
If that is perfect and you still have threads catching a little (and I mean a very little) drop of locktite and an overnite dry should hold the screw in. Or another method would be a dab of clear RTV on top of the screw, it might be easier to pick out than getting the locktite loose.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I won't say exactly how far mine is adjusted because I wouldn't recomend it to anyone. But I do know you have more than 3 1/2 turns of that screw & it won't fall out. Atleast Mine is snug. Mine's also so wack adjusted because I'm shaved without rejetting & colortune adjusted (I can see the fire). It's quite extreme I know but, you should be very safe at 3 turns & the RTV to plug it is an exellent idea. I'm going to steel that one!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts