Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Question: How do I adjust air/fuel mixture on carbs that have been rejetted? I noticed the information on adjustment of idle/air/fuel mixture covered here/manual & Verses pertain to standard un-jetted carbs. Is it the same for rejetted carbs? My carbs have been rejetted by mechanic back in June. (aftermarket pipes, 1988 VN750). Is adjustment the same? And with 2 cylinders, when and how do I know when I've got the proper adjustment? Thank you's
the procedure is the same .To tell if you are getting it right The best way I have found is reading the plug color you are looking for a light tan color on the insulators around the center electrode.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Start your engine, warm it up to normal temp. Turn the air screw in until the engine rpm starts to drop. Turn the air screw out until the engine rpm starts to drop. Back it up to the middle of the two points (rpm drops). This method should give you a good burn.

DT

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Don' worry, you'll find the sweet spot were you are happy with your motor.

DT

·
Registered
61 Posts
my uneducated opinion is to do everything else first then fiddle with the black knob...then the black knob, I think owner's manual says it should be between 1050 to 1150. I hope i didn't lead you the wrong direction, but I know I remember seeing this in the OM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts