Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a link for replacement air filters? i have one that has a few holes that i fixed with silicone untill i can replace it.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
RonAyers.com and bikebandit.com both sell them- RA will be cheaper than BB but it will take about 2 weeks from RA instead of 3-4 days from BB.

I'm sure there are a handful of other places that sell them, those are just the two that I usually use, and are easy to remember.

The filter(s) will come pre-oiled too.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RonAyers.com and bikebandit.com both sell them- RA will be cheaper than BB but it will take about 2 weeks from RA instead of 3-4 days from BB.

I'm sure there are a handful of other places that sell them, those are just the two that I usually use, and are easy to remember.

thanks

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
K&N direct replacement filters for VN750 ??

I read somewhere a short time ago that K&N had direct replacement filter elements for the VN750. Has anyone here used them, and is there any advantage to using them over Ma Kawi`s, re: cost, efficiency, quality, lifespan, etc? Thanks OlHoss

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
K&N makes them; direct replacements with the usual ability to clean and re-oil them, though I've read some folks doing that with the stockers. They cost about $85 for a box of two, and they probably flow better than stock, but given all the **** the air has to pass thru from the filters to the carbs, I don't know if any real improvement would be noticed. They're probably a bit better quality though as well, the stock ones seem pretty cheap to me, but they do the job. Might be worth it if you travel dusty/dirt roads alot...

I think "99vulcan750" has them on his bike, but don't know who else.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
the service manual tells us to clean and oil the filters the same as the K&N filters....the only advantage to using a K&N filter would be if you were doing the earshave and use one of their hyperchargers systems.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I was referring to the K&N that is a direct replacement for the stock filter, inside the stock airbox, which is what Hoss asked about. AFAIK so far, the only two choices for the stock filter inside the stock airbox is a stock replacement (like dutter asked for), or the K&N direct replacement. (third choice would be some home-made **** like my PO did)

An ear shave gets rid of the airboxs, and air tubes, and then uses a pod filter directly on each carb's inlet, and the pods can be had by a variety of makers (including K&N) depending on the size you're after and what will fit and flow.

So a person can use K&N air filters, if they feel it's the better way to go, or if they just want to, (whatever reason) without actually doing an earshave.

Personally, I don't feel a double the price increase is justified by whatever little improvements might be had by switching. Again, based solely on simply changing the filter itself, inside of the airbox. I think Kawi filters run around $20 a piece, and the K&N's come in one box of two filters for $80-90.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
80 bucks is a lot, i'll stick with the OEM replacements. when i cleaned the old filters i used PJ1 super tacky that i use on my dirt bikes. anyone see any issues with using this product instead of oil?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I was referring to the K&N that is a direct replacement for the stock filter, inside the stock airbox, which is what Hoss asked about. AFAIK so far, the only two choices for the stock filter inside the stock airbox is a stock replacement (like dutter asked for), or the K&N direct replacement. (third choice would be some home-made **** like my PO did)

An ear shave gets rid of the airboxs, and air tubes, and then uses a pod filter directly on each carb's inlet, and the pods can be had by a variety of makers (including K&N) depending on the size you're after and what will fit and flow.

So a person can use K&N air filters, if they feel it's the better way to go, or if they just want to, (whatever reason) without actually doing an earshave.

Personally, I don't feel a double the price increase is justified by whatever little improvements might be had by switching. Again, based solely on simply changing the filter itself, inside of the airbox. I think Kawi filters run around $20 a piece, and the K&N's come in one box of two filters for $80-90.
What I was getting at Doug was the fact that the for the increase in price from our stock filters to that of the K&N there is not an advantage of switching to them. Both the stock and the K&N filters are million mile filters....meaning that you can clean them re oil them and keep using them untill they get damaged....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Emgo has a replacement filter for the 750. The numer for Emgo is 12-93060 The listing on the box says that it fits 99 up, but all of the years use the same filter. I got a pair for my '86 this summer and they fit fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts