Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the air filter today and damn was it dirty so i cleaned it all out and my dad said that the orange particles were that of a foam filter that goes under the wire mesh filter to seal it. Where can i get those foam filters at? Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there two to a pack? or do i need to buy two of them? also this is sponge thing behind the filter?

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
the sponge is the filter

·
Registered
738 Posts
Another air filter option is K&N performance filters #KA-7586. More expensive than the basic OEM foam, but permanent (can be washed and recharge for the life of the vehicle) and provide much higher air flow than the oiled foam. Less messy too. I installed them on my VN750 this year.

A set can usually be found online for approx. $50, but HERE is a set on sale for $40.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think it's 40 bucks each.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Did you need to adjust the fuel screws?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Did you need to adjust the fuel screws?
No need to. Unlike a complete ear shave, the K&N drop-ins (i.e., OEM replacement) do not require additional modifications (i.e., fuel mixture, jetting, etc.). Just replace the OEM filters with K&N and forget about them for up to 30,000 miles.

By the way, $40 is a great deal for these filters, since they normally retail for $80.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks Chris, I just ordered a pair. With shipping and no taxes it was cheaper than the stock ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts