Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VN750 has a nasty case of road rash on the right air filter cover (that silver plastic crap ear). Looking at BikeBandit, i found the replacement, but I'm just slightly confused by something: Filter covers are here - but I can't tell from schematic wether 11011A (Listed as 'Inside' Air Filter Case) is simply right side version of 11011 ( 'Outside' Air Filter Case) or is it some sort of inner shell / liner / whatever. I'm particularly confused as 11011 is ~$47 and 11011A is ~$63. Can anyone clarify this for me? Are left/right air filters side-specific or interchangeable?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
11011A is the part that the air filter bolts onto, not the outer cover for the filter.

It would seem from the parts diagram at Kawi's website, left & right covers are interchangable, so you'd need #11011, the $47 part.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Ron is cheaper but charges more for shipping (Min $8.00) and takes a week just to process the order. Bike Bandit is more expensive but only charges $4.00 min shipping and gets it processed quicker. It's a trade off. I used both for my rebuild and had no problems with either.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Ya could try making your own.
Seeing as they are just covers, all the have to do is have a good seal around them.

That was one of the first things I was going to try and make for my bike, but then got started on other things instead and kinda put that idea on hold for awhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts