Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy foam filters for my vulcan. Just met with KC and it seems I have no foam over my filters and that it's a big deal lol. So can any one help me out with a cheap pair or a site to buy them on? Thanks

·
Registered
936 Posts
I just bought two EMGO air filter elements from Dennis Kirk (www.denniskirk.com).

Actually, I bought them from DennisKirk on ebay but it was the same price as if I got them from the company website. With shipping it was about $32.00. That was the cheapest I found them.

Good luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey there, Nitro!! I put in K&N filters several years ago and I have a set of foam filters in very good shape along with the plastic support grid if you are still looking. I'll give them to you for the cost of shipping (shouldn't be more than $5-$7). PM me and we can go from there.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there, Nitro!! I put in K&N filters several years ago and I have a set of foam filters in very good shape along with the plastic support grid if you are still looking. I'll give them to you for the cost of shipping (shouldn't be more than $5-$7). PM me and we can go from there.
Damn lol. I figured no one was biting and I'm not the most patient of people so I went and ordered a set already. Thanks anyway man.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....bummer....found 2 in the garage today....and you aint that far....pick up...Greenwood Lake....10925....they belong to KC, so if ya want em, ask him how much....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KC was over the other day and he's the one that noticed I was missing em. Didn't know they had to have that foam on em. The bike didn't come with em. But he gave me the thumbs up that I did a good job putting her back together. Just needed to adjust the tensioner spring I believe it was called.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dwain61,

PM sent to you. Let me know!!

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
nitro.....
Did you change your oil and clean and free up the throttle cables?
other than getting the filters installed, I think you are ready to ride.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything....I am more than happy to stop by and help!

·
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek
157 Posts
New UNI PK-92's are $25 a pair shipped on Amazon.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nitro.....
Did you change your oil and clean and free up the throttle cables?
other than getting the filters installed, I think you are ready to ride.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything....I am more than happy to stop by and help!
Gonna attempt that today I believe. Heading to the dmv now to register the bike. I feel ok to do the speedo cable but the throttles bother me a bit

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
cut the corner of a plastic bag...tape it around the top end of the cable sheath (like a funnel) and flush the cable with WD-40 untill it runs clean through the other end and the cable is free.

I have a can of oil that we can lube the cables with once you have it free. it should be Ok to drive for a few days with just WD-40 in it.

My only concern would be that the cable is freyed internally and could possibly break. if you get it to move freely , then I would feel better about it...otherwise it should be replaced.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
note they also sell cable lube, after it is clean with wd40, the cable lube may be better.

kenny

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
note they also sell cable lube, after it is clean with wd40, the cable lube may be better.

kenny
"I have a can of oil that we can lube the cables"
that was the cable lube i was referring to.....I got a full can and the adaptor to get it into the cable.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...old school method.........first flush with diesel or #2....then lube with 10-30.... ;)

·
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek
157 Posts
Diesel is good. It's the main ingredient in most engine degreasers so it melts gunk pretty well. Just watch where you get it because it deteriorates a lot of plastics and rubber. PB Blaster is great for cleaning them too, loosens any rust, and its friendlier on most plastic/rubber. WD-40, in my opinion, sucks at everything. PB blaster for loosening rust, other things like moly, lithium, silicone or motor oil for lubrication depending on what it is. WD-40 doesn't do either one very well.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
the idea here is to just flush the cables...then re-oil it....but ONLY if they free up after flushing them.

If it still sticks after flushing them, then I recommend replaceing them as I said before. You can't tell if it is freyed, kinked, or rusty under the sleeving, so just change it out and be done with it and not worry over what might happen on each ride you take.

It's throttle cable...why overcomplicate the matter...who cares what you flush it with...if rust comes out, I would still change it to be safe.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
KC is correct...if the crap that comes out looks too funky, best to replace it... (laymans terms, lol)...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dwain61,

Another PM sent your way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts