Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a halfway point between ear shaving the 750 and leaving the stock air box on? I want a different look without having to rejet.

Registered
Is there a halfway point between ear shaving the 750 and leaving the stock air box on? I want a different look without having to rejet.

I've said it 100 times, and put in my signature 馃檪

My bike is earshaved with stock pipes and stock jets. Runs great. I have never believed pod filters automatically mean a re-jet. Open pipes, yes, it's almost always meant jetting the carb.

The answer to your question is... Not really. You can't lose the airbox without pods. Exception is, someone did come up with a single filter that goes under the tank. Probably hard to find, harder to do, and more expensive than UNI PK92 pods at eBay. And still hinders access to the carbs.

I'll bet folding money, your bike will be fine with stock jets, it's more likely than it needing to be richer.

Super Moderator
mine was stock jets, stock exhaust, and shaved with pk92s.. just like spocksters, it ran great when I sold it.

with the ear shave, you MAY need to adjust the airbleeds (mixture screws) but that is easy to do, and no parts required

Registered
I pulled the mufflers off the GB and ran like that with stock jets. When I ALSO did the earshave, I rejetted. Putting the mufflers on again makes it run rich enough to stumble.

In my mind, it's the combination of the freer intake AND freer exhaust that requires a rejet. You should be fine with either mod and no rejet.

Registered
My advice is always, do the mod and then read the plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts