Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am brand new to the forum and hope like hell I can find some help. I have a 95, 99%stock. It is the first bike I've purchased and I love it. I am trying to do a few minor custom touches to make it mine, starting with getting rid of those ugly chunks of plastic in front of my knees. I ordered a pair of short cone filters and a crank case breather off Dennis Kirk. I started to install them and have no idea what to do with all the vacuum lines and "breathers". Plz help

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you, very helpful. Now I have 1 more question, what is the actual part name for a "coaster" and any solid places to find them. The 2 suggestions in the PDF are dead ends.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Thank you, very helpful. Now I have 1 more question, what is the actual part name for a "coaster" and any solid places to find them. The 2 suggestions in the PDF are dead ends.
Check ebay for "emissions plate" .

Well, here they are, price keeps going up... Scroll down, a few bucks lower toward mid page. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=kawasaki+vn+750+emissions+plate&_sacat=6000&LH_TitleDesc=0&_ipg=100&_sop=15

Several Kawi bikes use the same plates.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I made mine. If you're handy enough, you can use the reed valve covers (can't remember if they have a real name) and use them as a template. flat steel or aluminum would work. I used exhaust paint that you have to bake to protect it. so far it's held up well.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
I made mine. If you're handy enough, you can use the reed valve covers (can't remember if they have a real name) and use them as a template. flat steel or aluminum would work. I used exhaust paint that you have to bake to protect it. so far it's held up well.
Reed box, I think. Made mine too, a couple pieces of aluminum (free), trace around the reed box, cut, polish, done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spockster, thank you, just got a set ordered hopefully I will have it all done and pics in the near future.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Spockster, thank you, just got a set ordered hopefully I will have it all done and pics in the near future.

You're welcome. :smiley_th

1 - 8 of 8 Posts