Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 750 back after more than 2 years. I slapped the 1500's tag on and rode her to work today. What a great bike! (like we didn't already know that) Sure glad I didn't let her get away.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
where was it for 2 years?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
where was it for 2 years?
IIRC, Joem sold or gave the 750 to a buddy when he got his 1500.
The buddy crashed it recently and caused a little damage. Either he or the wife decided he shouldn`t ride anymore, and he gave the bike back. Is that close to the facts Joem? :)

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I sold my 750 to a buddy last year. He stopped by about 7 months after and let me ride it. I understand where you're coming from brother, I couldn't believe how much I missed that bike!!!! Gull dern are they fast!!!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's right. Gave it to my buddy when I got my 1500. Told him to ride it until he was done than give it back. He layed it down on a curve last Fall with semi-minor damage to both him and the bike, but he decided that at 70 yrs old he may be to old now. I don't agree, but I happily took the bike back. I put 12000 miles on the 1500 since I last rode the 750. Can't get enough of it now. Haven't had the 1500 out since! Got two bikes to luv and take up space in the garage now. (When I find that dualsport I am sort-of looking for my wife is really going to lose it!)

I'm stripping it back to stock too, so I will have a few accessories to sell soon.....

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
Just out of curiosity - when you say "stripping it back to stock", what all will you be removing?

I too prefer the 'stock look' and the only mods I have really made are adding highway pegs and saddlebags. Personally, I like the way the exhaust looks and sounds and think the "ears" look tough : )

AZ Kev

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew I was asking for it to say that. OK, here goes. I took off the luggage rack, extended passenger back rest, Chad's floorboards and the brackets for the Protac driver's backrest. I haven't decided if I will take off the engine guard, but I might. It's pretty worthless except for mounting hwy pegs. Frey has dibs on the passenger backrest and floorboards if he still wants them. I've gotta PM out to him. The rest will be for sale. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

I also have a nice Mustang seat. It's NOT for sale, but... I want to change to a solo seat, but only if I can do it without sacrificing the Mustang comfort. I would be interested in trading it for a Mustang or other similar-quality solo seat that could be modded to fit.

One more thing. I have really nice debadged chrome side covers. I would trade them straight up for a set of black side covers, Vulcan emblems or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts