Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
IBEW 915 Electrician
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced a lead acid battery with a new battery from Westco. Followed the charging and installation instructions. Used the recommended Westco charger. The battery charged full as per the instructions and I installed and hooked it up. Got a couple turns out of the engine and the battery went south. Recharged the battery and repeated the procedure. Same result. Put the old lead acid back in and the 750 started up. The AGM is new and I should have no problem getting it replaced.

My question is has anyone ever had a problem with a new AGM? Or, is this indicative of another problem?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
No problem with mine, I got it at Wal Mart a few months ago and no problems at all. Big difference in starting power.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
yes i have, last spring, my westco did the samething as you described. emailed them about it. next day new battery at my door. no problems sence then. i chaulkled it up as i just got the bad one in the bunch..lol.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Cool, good customer service. If mine had failed I would have probably had a harder time getting a replacement from Wal Mart. Good thing it turned out fine :)

·
Super Moderator
11,825 Posts
Bad ones are not that uncommon.I have seen/read about quite a few over the years that had "bad" AGM's. Some Westco, some Yussa and one Sears.

Sometimes they work fine for a few months, then go bad. If they last more than that...they likely will last for 4-5 years....or more.

Westco's customer support is pretty good, just sucks having to wait again....;)

KM

·
2,506 Posts
2 years on my Interstate AGM, no problems.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
It is not unheard of for a brand new battery to be toast right out of the box. On the up side, it doesn't happen a lot. Downside is, it's bound to happen when you gotta have one that works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts