Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !

Quick question, how often do you guys put your battery on charge? After every trip? Once a week? After a few hundred miles ridden?

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
If you are riding a long ride at least once a week, you don't need to put it on a charger/tender at all. When you ride the battery charges.

If it sits for more than 1 week, then I like to put it on a tender every week or so there after until I ride again.

·
Registered
738 Posts
It depends: environmental conditions, quality of battery, storage, condition of the bike, etc.

My last Yuasa AGM battery was never on a charger, lasted 7 years, and would sit 2-4 months (November - February) with no problems starting the bike on the first push of the starter button. However, that 2-4 months sitting was in a protected garage (underground) where the temperature was a steady 50 degrees Fahrenheit and the bike is in perfect condition. Also, I consider Yuasa to be a premium brand.

The replacement Yuasa AGM was shipped dry, so I purchased a float charger (Yuasa brand) for the initial charging. I now pull the battery (no outlets near the bike) and place the battery on the charger for those 2-4 months, but it sits in the bike the rest of the year when I ride 2 - 4 times a month. Again, always starts on the first push of the starter button.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
only time mine has seen anything like a charger (or jumper cables) was when the old battery died.. My AGM never see's a charger or anything, but I do ride nearly every day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts