Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! i've just purchased a 2003 kawasaki vulcan 750 and the two rear turn signals were hanging down because the rubber was dry rotted. so I went and bought these ones from revzilla that are LED https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bike-master-arrow-head-led-turn-signals
Only problem is they wont mount at the same place or the same way that the originals do. thanks to the way that the originals have that weird mounting system with the rubber on the end that inserts and twists into place and the new ones have the normal stud mounting system. i'm stuck on how to make the new ones work. Unfortunately its not just as simple as putting the old ones back on. my stupid self went and basically destroyed the old ones leaving only the rubber mounting piece and wires left.

any tips or suggestions are welcome. (you can even call me stupid LoL)

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
OleDirtyDoc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Taught me

How to

Get my

Post count up. Be a lot easier to help if we could see the lights.

Lol. I am the post count whore

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

·
Vulcan Lightning Rider
7 Posts
I'd say you can use the stock holes, just put a big washer on one side and another on the inside of the rail the signals mount to.

Or you can mount them to the front part of the taillight.

Or make a simple frame like this :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/1490876092/in/album-72157602271290728/
And mount them on the licence plate.

That is exactly what I did . Got some cheap fender washers from Lowes , one on each side . You can't see or tell the difference . Just make sure to get a lock washer on there so they don't slide around and you're golden.

:smiley_th

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is what i ended up doing to mount them. I cut the old signals off of the rubber mounts and screwed the new ones in. Secured them with locktite and painted the discolored rubber with black paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
That looks pretty good. Transitions real well, looks like it's one unit in the pics. I'm also waiting for some lights to show up. Longest in state delivery of all time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts