Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they out there and if so does anyone here have them installed?

pics and info would help alot!! thanks guys and gals!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Corbin, and saddleman are the only two companies that offer a direct bolt on seat hat is still in production... Mustang used to make a seat, but it ws discontinued in 06.

Sissybars there is Jardine, Cobra, and Kuryakin... none are direct bolt on models.

using a seat from a completely different cruiser is possible with enough ingenuity and desire. Then there is the DIY seat and sissy bar where it will fit with out a problem, you just supply the desire to build it from scratch.

·
Let's Ride!!
606 Posts
Sissybars there is Jardine, Cobra, and Kuryakin... none are direct bolt on models.
So no one makes a sissybar/backrest that fits on the bike where the existing one bolts on?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
After market parts for our bikes are slim to none. Get alittle creative & you can do alot but it takes time to find the right parts. I have a couple years in finding the right stuff to mod mine.

The seat & backrest are from an unknown year harley heritage.:smiley_th

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
If you look on E-Bay for a Vulcan 750 sissy bar / Back rest there are usually a few Kawasaki or Jardine extended backrests on there. Thats where I got mine. It is a direct bolt on. The cheapest right now is a Jardine for 139.99 The Kawasaki ones are like 145.00 to 160.00 ....but hey....NO drills or hammers or torches required!!!

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
I am totally in love with the stock seat. Most comfortable seat out of more than 40 motorcycles I have owned. Put many 1000 mile days on it without abnormal discomfort. It's on par with a Goldwing seat, and with the pegs located farther forward, actually has a more comfortable riding position. I think the best aftermarket seat available was the Mustang, which is no longer available. Corbins are either love them or hate them, and I hate them.

As far as a sissy bar, I simply bought the Kawasaki backrest extension, along with the Kawasaki luggage rack. This allows use of a T-Bag. You can probably find both used on eBay.

·
Havin some fun.........
79 Posts
Hi I put a sissy bar off a honda vt800 on mine..see my gallery..just drilled 2 holes each side, put a m10 bolt through and used wingnuts to fit. means you can put it on when you need it and then take it off again real quick if you dont want it there, works really well....

·
Registered
103 Posts
As far as a sissy bar, I simply bought the Kawasaki backrest extension, along with the Kawasaki luggage rack. This allows use of a T-Bag. You can probably find both used on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Good info, thanks! I would love to know where you got the luggage rack. My bike already has the Kaw backrest extension but I haven't been able to find anyone with the luggage rack. I have spent 4 hours looking online today and no one seems to have them to match up with the Fire and Steel backrest. Any help would be great. BTW, I just bought this bike yesterday and could't believe the find I got with a '95 with 1570 original miles. I'm gonna have fun with this one!

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Check the driveshaft splines ASAP!

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
So, they were greased? Needs to be at least 60% moly content, such as Honda Moly 60 or Guard Dog moly paste (73% moly).

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts