Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have information on a replacement seat that doesn't have the upturn at the back? My wife sometimes wants to ride with me and there isn't room for her and my bigol belly and butt!

Thanks
Jerry

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Nothing really available.
There was a member here (sorry, forget who, I'll try a search later) who lengthened their passenger section. It would take some work seeing as you'd also have to move the sissybar back, but could be done.
Maybe do what others have done... keep an eye on ebay for an extra seat and go custom from there.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I'm around 250 lbs - my wife is around 150 and has a "ghetto booty" as they call it in these parts (a big butt).

Riding 2 up was miserable till I got the Mustang seat - has the upturn but gives both rider and passenger more room.

Might see if there's someone in georgia that has a mustang they'd be willing to let ya sit on?

If the two of you are much bigger than me and my wife you'll need to do some custom modifications to the bike

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'll second the mustang recommendation.

I'm 220 and dropping and the woman is . . . well I never asked. Anyways, with the stock seat her ride was rough and I was definitely pushed on top of the tank. With the Mustang there's a noticeable amount of room. It still gets a bit cramped and I don't know how long I could ride 2-up like that -- shorter rides are fine, all day might get to me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm around 250 lbs - my wife is around 150

The weight limit of your rear tire is 400 lbs. You are at that limit. My rear tire recently lost all of it's air with my son on the back. Luckily we were going slow at the time.

IMO this is NOT a 2 up bike. Can it be done? Sure, from personal view with road rash that is still on my knee and elbow I advise against 2 up on this bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts