Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been thinking about upgrading seats.
But, need to make sure it doesn't raise the seat height.
Being "height challenged", it would be better to have a seat that sits a little lower or the same.
Thanks

·
Jackie Chan Stunt Double
21 Posts
Usually with the aftermarket seats, they tend to be a little lower so they can make a "bucket" for the rider to sit in. If you like the stock seat, but just need it higher, you might try these guys - www.meancitycycles.com/

I have a buddy who has sent his seats to them and has been very happy with the results. They currently have my seat to move me back a few inches for a more comfortable riding position for my 6'4" body. They also make an appointment for you to send the seat so they turn around time is pretty quick. It is also quite a bit cheaper than an aftermarket.

Another thing you might try, if you don't mind it being apparent, is an Airhawk or gel cushion. These can be attached over the stock seat and will raise you up an inch or so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, edited the original post.
I didn't have the wording right.
I need a shorter or same seat, not a taller one.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Usually with the aftermarket seats, they tend to be a little lower so they can make a "bucket" for the rider to sit in. If you like the stock seat, but just need it higher, you might try these guys - www.meancitycycles.com/

I have a buddy who has sent his seats to them and has been very happy with the results. They currently have my seat to move me back a few inches for a more comfortable riding position for my 6'4" body. They also make an appointment for you to send the seat so they turn around time is pretty quick. It is also quite a bit cheaper than an aftermarket.

Another thing you might try, if you don't mind it being apparent, is an Airhawk or gel cushion. These can be attached over the stock seat and will raise you up an inch or so.
Thanks for the tip. I might send them my seat this winter. Their prices are good but do you know what the shipping costs are?
Thanks

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
shorter seat, cut the foam out of the original, or find a saddleman,Corbin, or mustang, they are all shorter, but they push you toward the rear of the bike a couple inches as well.

·
Jackie Chan Stunt Double
21 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I might send them my seat this winter. Their prices are good but do you know what the shipping costs are?
Thanks
You can email them your zip code and they will give you a quote. I sent my seat to them via FedEx (which is their preferred) so I would know how much it should be to send it back and it was just under $22 for standard shipping (mainly due to the size of the box required to send it as the total shipped weight was only 8 pounds.) They are supposed to work on it Tuesday, and call the day before to go over exactly what you want done and the total cost for the work and shipping back to you.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Thanks

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
shorter seat, cut the foam out of the original, or find a saddleman,Corbin, or mustang, they are all shorter, but they push you toward the rear of the bike a couple inches as well.
The saddlemen explorer seat is not shorter, in fact it is about an inch taller. Hence the reason I lowered my bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts