Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, another day, another problem. I left work yesterday to find that some [email protected]#! has stolen one of my rear shocks (yup, just one of them). WHY!!!

Anyway, now I need to replace it and I have asked a dealer to quote me for a new OEM set but I was wondering about putting on some aftermarket kit.

I know bulldog recommends the Progresive 412's.

• Are there any other brands out there that have been tried?
  • What characteristics should I be looking for - length, weight range, etc
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Scott,

I have a spair set of stock shocks they are yours for 100.00 plus shipping. As for the progressive shocks I have 418's they droped the rear and inch and gas is sooooo much better than air and on Lulu they look hot but 350.00 for the set was not.

:motorcycl

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate, although a hundred bucks sounds good, I think the shipping costs and time from US to UK would kill me. I wanna get me bike back on t' road asap. I hate havin to get th bus ta work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right, I got a quote for OEM shocks - £247... EACH!!!!
That's from Cradley Kawasaki for those of us in UK. I can probably find cheaper if I put enough web hours in but I can get a pair of Progressive 412's for less.

So I guess I will be getting the Progs. It will cost me more than shipping Lurch's from the US but I can have them on the bike by the weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts