Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a luggage rack and case guard for my 86 off EBay and have been having one grand old time trying to bolt them on my machine.They are older parts from the 80's and I'm wondering if the quality control wasn't there for after market on this particular model.I never had this much trouble with parts for my Z-1.Has anyone put their own case guard and rack who might have some advice on assembly procedure.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
There's just been some dicussions about the difficulties of the case guard install over at the Yahoo site. Was that from you?

I don't have the case guard, and the rack was on my bike when I got it. Someone here may have some helpful info for ya though.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
what does your case guard look like? A big D ring thing (not Kawasaki) or kind of small that doesn't look like it would do much (Kawasaki brand which is the same as F&S)?

Two sets of hands can be useful the first time you put on the F&S one. It is kind of like one of the small metal puzzles.... if you do it right, its easy otherwise you have to force it. If its used, it may be bent and there might not be an easy way.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your input guys, i'm thinking some serious grinding and drilling are going to be in order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts