Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, I have searched through the forum for someone who has successfully replaced our dashboard with a single gauge but most threads are old and links either don't work or the thread went dead. If someone knows, please direct me to an existing discussion.

I am deciding between these single gauges that have speedo+tachometer+fuel tank+N+oil+turn signals:
1. Acewell-2853 (had the most hits on our forum)
Black Acewell 2853 Digital Speedometer & Tachometer
2. Koso T&T - i like this one but the reviews are not so great...
3. Simple but no fuel gauge (not a deal-breaker). For some reason I feel it would be more accurate than the two above...
amazon.com/Mini-Speedometer-Indicator-Lights-Meter/dp/B07YMTRZZY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

The next thing I worry is if all the wires would still fit inside the headlight assembly? I read others say that after removing our dashboard assembly, it doesn't look so hot.

Others claim to have made custom dashboard panels to mount the new gauges onto it. I am wouldn't shy away from going to a local machine-shop to have something made, but curious if someone has already done it.

I would really appreciate pictures of in-progress or finished upgrades!

-O

·
Super Moderator
12,125 Posts
Keep in mind the speedometer is analog and run by a spinning cable, and the tach is electronic, so....No idea on how those gauges will work, but I did make a dash panel for the stock ones:

It wouldn’t be that hard to fabricate something if you completely remove the stock gauge unit. There are two horizontal mounts on the front of the upper fork clamp that you can use to mount something else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Keep in mind the speedometer is analog and run by a spinning cable, and the tach is electronic, so....No idea on how those gauges will work, but I did make a dash panel for the stock ones:

It wouldn’t be that hard to fabricate something if you completely remove the stock gauge unit. There are two horizontal mounts on the front of the upper fork clamp that you can use to mount something else.
Makes sense; because it's analog, I'm leaning towards #3 option. I think that if I tidy up all the wires, they should all fit in the headlight assembly. I could fabricate a custom panel for the single gauge and the stock fuel gauge.

@Knifemaker, what have you done for the dashboard for your second VN750 (you posted images of it without brakes and no dashboard a few months back)?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I used one like this while looking for stock gauge cluster. Worked fine, actually closer to speed than the stock kawasaki clock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts