Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at bikes for a while.
this is something i can afford.
if all goes well i am going to buy it tomorrow.
I wanted some of your opinions to see if I need to dodge this one.
But, I am anxious to get a bike.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/1826261313.html
any help would be greatly be appreciated.
I know some of you guys have an eye for this stuff, If you can give me some tips to look for or some points to haggle him down a little.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One thing that concerns me is They dont know the mileage and there is a leak from the oil eye level glass.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow, that looks like rat bike to me! $1000 is only the begining my freind. You're going to have to dig a lot deeper than that to make that bike dependable, even if you're Captain Handy. I'd keep lookin.........

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I agree, 1000 is a bit much for it with that much wrong with it... although I would still go check it out, make sure the sight glass is leaking... it is probably the gasket behind the sight glass, and not the glass itself... also find out why the speedo doesn't work. While checking out the bike, make a mental list of every thing that needs to be fixed now, and then go onto ebay and look to see how much money you will need to drop into it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That poor thing has had a hard life. Maybe 500$ for it?
I'm thinking about the same price range. Along with the mechanical and cosmetic problems, I wonder if the owner has all the necessary parts to finish it, ie front and rear signal lights.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Don't buy this one you can get a much nicer one for a few more $$ and save dough in the long run

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
You can get a great looking, low mileage, great running bike for less that $2000. I did.

·
Registered
900 Posts
That is way way to much for a "fixer upper".. I paid $175 for one parts bike and another $20 for another.. I got lucky!... but its been a long road to rebuild (2 years).. with that bike your going to drop more $$ than its worth.... keep looking.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Wow I can't believe that is a 2003. My 93' looks much better then that one with 43,000 on the ticker. I paid $1500 for that 7 years ago with 18.000 miles on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts