Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my choke lever doesnt do anything anymore after i cleaned the carbs. how do i adjust it so it actually moves the choke. thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
are the forked levers that actually pull up the plungers installed correctly??

the only 'adjustment' is at the lever on left grip. as far as adjustment goes.. you adjust it like any other cable, with the desired results being when lever is pulled to full choke position, the plungers on carbs are fully extended.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
This is a critical adjustment. There is no actual choke, it is an "enrichener circuit" just a hair off and it will run very badly or not run at all. If you had the carbs completely apart, and removed the rod that connects the plungers on both carbs, make sure you got it all back together right. When I had my carbs apart, by far the hardest part was reconnecting the rod and linkage to the rear carb. There was a spring, and several washers and plastic spacers, and a very small screw holding it all together. Not only was it difficult to put together, it was hard to hold together while assembling the carb halves.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
make sure it COMPLETELY disengages the enrichener circuit plunger

IMO the most important part is to ensure that when the lever on the left grip is in the "OFF" position, you need to ensure that the fork on the plunger is slightly seperated from the plunger. In other words, make sure the plunger is completely inserted and the fork has a very slight gap between the forks and the top of the plunger.

If it hangs up or the circuit is even slightly engaged, the bike can run poorly or stall out at idle.

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
from personal experience, if one of them forks is incorrectly bent (they have some curve in them) it will cause issues with the plungers as well.. will pull them out at an angle instead of straight, or jam up when pulling out or pushing back in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts