Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like sportbikes have, can we get them for cruisers? im thinking as the arthritis gets worse ill have some adjustments i can make

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....sure they'd work....with the proper tweaks....
...fer us old farts, easier to build a trike with almost all foot controls... ;)

Thinking about it more daily.....

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mpo/4266867424.html

That one is a lil unique, therefore the price...but ya know what I mean...would be nice to cary 4 cases of tallboys with me too....I could never do one of them CanAm things....bass ackwards....but....trikes are the key for many of us older riders....they dont fall over either....normally....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Had a dream yesterday that I made my spare goldwing frame and motor into a trike

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i had the cash id jump on that. i do have a 75 sporty that would be a good candidate.
plenty of 70's chrome parts on it i could sell

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Would have to figure a shaft conversion for the wing.thought about a car rear end

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Would have to figure a shaft conversion for the wing.thought about a car rear end

Do you have netflix account? If so look up Ultimate car build off... One of the episodes they make a wheely trike out of a a couple of XS1000 and a quad. I got looking at my quad rear ends, and the drive line u-joints are the same... One of these days I might get a second quad and another VN750 to try to build a Trike.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Wow, this thread went off topic real fast....lol. (Not sure what trikes have to do with adjustable levers)

They offered adjustable levers for the Vulcan for a very short time...(Flanders made them I believe) odds of finding a set now are remote.

You could adapt a set from another bike. Easier if you switch to a different master cylinder to do so.

You can also just bend your levers slightly to accomplish the same thing...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
like sportbikes have, can we get them for cruisers? im thinking as the arthritis gets worse ill have some adjustments i can make
To get back on topic,yes we can get them for cruisers,my 1500 came with them stock. I don't know about the clutch side on a 750 because it is cable operated but the front brake side would be simple,if you found a used front mastercyl with the adjustable lever it would probably be as cheap as buying an after market lever.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To get back on topic,yes we can get them for cruisers,my 1500 came with them stock. I don't know about the clutch side on a 750 because it is cable operated but the front brake side would be simple,if you found a used front mastercyl with the adjustable lever it would probably be as cheap as buying an after market lever.
thanks, its the clutch side i really need. i may have to pm blacksmith billy to see if he has something fr my 700

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....NB....it went to trikes due to the arthritis comment....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Wow, this thread went off topic real fast....lol. (Not sure what trikes have to do with adjustable levers)

They offered adjustable levers for the Vulcan for a very short time...(Flanders made them I believe) odds of finding a set now are remote.

You could adapt a set from another bike. Easier if you switch to a different master cylinder to do so.

You can also just bend your levers slightly to accomplish the same thing...
Isn't that a record? Ot in the second post;)

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Clutch side won't likely work because the adjustment is on the wrong side of the lever.

You could put a shim (or series of them) between the lever and the saddle (I don't know what its called but that sounds good to me) and adjust the cable proportionately. This becomes a problem if you try to shorten the pull too much. The clutch either won't fully engage or disengage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts