Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of 3.5" Rox Risers and a 29" set of drag bars and im probably going to install them this weekend. As someone who doesnt work on bikes often just wondering whos done this and if you have any tips. I've heard its straight forward by unbolting and rebolting back together and i bought new grips for it too. Anyways any info would be a good Confidence booster :smiley_th

·
Registered
137 Posts
before you tighten it all down turn handle bars full lock on both sides to make sure cables and switch boxes dont hit the tank.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
The hardest part for me was when the choke cable came apart. Everything else is straight forward. Do you have handle grip glue or are you going to use hairspray?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was going to buy some handlebar glue., assuming you can get it from any walmart or auto store? Any recommendations on getting old grips off without cutting them?

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Stick a long skinny screwdriver between the handlebars and grips and work it free.

·
Registered
942 Posts
So did you ever do the changes? I'm considering changing grips on mine.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
For loose grips.....

Here's an old motocrosser's tip from the 70's....

Do you have handle grip glue or are you going to use hairspray?
...a few wraps of quality electric tape (I like the 3M), then a wipe with gasoline....cheap and easy....works like a charm !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts