Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
Thanks again for all the help with my acct problems and the knowledge to get it fixed.
I have a major concern, and I needed more advice from the Vulcan Wizards out there.

While in the process of converting to the Mcct by Wib, obviously we pull everything apart, remove some bit, add some bits and put it all back together.

This is what my "Mushroom" bolt - I have no idea what to call it, but I guess it is what actually pushes into the cam chain looks like

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Uj-bFutvS9lUP2Vl0dK2Rw?feat=directlink

It looks like the previous owner, took a welder to it, and remade it or something.

Is this a concern? I went to the Kawasaki dealer today, and the can only sell me the entire acct assembly (for 89.00 + tax) each. OUCH!

If you guys think that this is a bad thing ( both sides look like this ) then I will buy the TOC Mcct's at 50 each.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks
Andrew

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
WOW! Like holy cow, WOW! That is unbelievable. Technically it could be ok but I dont know how well I trust it without seeing it up close. For what its worth. I dont think I would use it.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
PM sent.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Ma Kaw`s ACCTs at $89 or TOC MCCTS for 50 bucks a copy is a no brainer. Get the MCCTs.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I wouldn't use it and I'll ride anything. Bet you could find a used ACCT cheap on ebay. The TOC is a good idea too.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
wow dude. that is not what I pictured when we talked on the phone, think I would spend the money at toc too. are front and rear in that shape. the front one seems to cause most of the problems, if the back one doesnt look like that one and money is an issue you could do one at a time!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow dude. that is not what I pictured when we talked on the phone, think I would spend the money at toc too. are front and rear in that shape. the front one seems to cause most of the problems, if the back one doesnt look like that one and money is an issue you could do one at a time!
They are both like that - I think I am going to nic name the previous owner "Bike Butcher"

Andrew

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
What an idiot. I suspect you have already received a similar offer via PM, but i have some used ACCTs I will send you for the cost of shipping. May take me a day or two to lay hands on them. Send me a PM if you are interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts