Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least twice now our members have been sent private messages only to find out they are spam. Some even have been caught and flagged as a virus.
As a general rule.. If you don't know the person sending it.. proceed with caution.

One thing that the moderators DO NOT do here is use generic names, so anyone using anything like VN750Admin is up to no good.

Fortunately in both cases that I know of the Idiot Spammer also sends the private email to the moderators. Doh! Well when that happens, I go to the admin panel, track the sucker down, delete any private messages that they have sent (I can do that!) and ban the loser.

For general spammers I usually do a check of their IP. (I can do that too!) Most of them have come from know spammer IPs and I have no qualms about banning them.

So be smart, treat any unknown private message just as you would any suspect spam in your regular email account, and bear with me as I try and keep the forum clean. I usually check in the mornings and evenings and will get to them as soon as I can.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I'm glad this board has such vigilant administrator(s)
Thanks Dianna

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Yes, thanks for doing such a great job running this awesome site. All the administrators do a great job. Love this site!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got a spam the other day titled and from

Take measures immediately!!!
04:35 AM JacobTaylorr

Saying I sent spam. Then leading me to a site to get my cpu checked..

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I got a spam the other day titled and from

Take measures immediately!!!
04:35 AM JacobTaylorr

Saying I sent spam. Then leading me to a site to get my cpu checked..
I had the same today - I forwarded it to you, Dianna, just as an FYI. Thanks for being so diligent!

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Thanks Dianna for being on the ball and keeping us all safe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts