Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what stock tire size for 1992 kawasaki vulcan and if i can put another rim size and tire on this bike and what can i put for more speed off the start?
Thanks! :)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
First....introduce yerself in the newebie section....ahem....:rolleyes:

Then tell us where you are, so locals can help....

If you LOOK/SEARCH and download the Vulcan manual, you'll have all the info you need in there....

....and to answer your question, yes....you can...some are running a 16" wheel, and some went to the darkside on the tire....

....by the way....I like yer neck of the woods....been thru there yrs ago....a few guys by you in the hills....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Where in Texas are you from? I frequented Bandera, Del Rio, San Antonio and all over the Hill country when we were full time RV'ers.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Who said he was a Texan ???.... ;)

And Vnny from Greece put a 16 on his...also, arent the larger Kawis 16" now ?...only need to make the driveshaft and housing work, which has been done....here, by a forum member from Cali....
Im actually looking at a used wideglide front end with a 16" wheel and tire right now....almost ANYTHING can be adapted to work...all depends on ability, planning and funds...else we'd all still be riding these :

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts

And Vnny from Greece put a 16 on his...also, arent the larger Kawis 16" now ?...only need to make the driveshaft and housing work, which has been done....here, by a forum member from Cali....
Im actually looking at a used wideglide front end with a 16" wheel and tire right now....almost ANYTHING can be adapted to work...all depends on ability, planning and funds...else we'd all still be riding these :

Goofin said that all balls bearings to fit Harley front ends to the vn are :lower part # 30205J-5 upper part # 99-3518-5.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wow that back car tire is incredible. That's gotta make diving over metal rubbed bridges and gravel safer. I wanna seriously look into that

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Wow that back car tire is incredible. That's gotta make diving over metal rubbed bridges and gravel safer. I wanna seriously look into that
its awsome just keep the pressure between 25 and 30 psi so it has a bit of squish to it allowing it to conform to the road instead of going up on edge

also you can special order one at walmart for under 70 bucks :smiley_th

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
New Rider, Somehow I missed the thread with your car tire when it was posted. How does it lean in the curves? Did you have clearance issues with the final drive or brake line.
I'm running a Night Dragon 170-80-15 and I need to pull the final drive to pull the wheel so a car tire's got to be even tighter.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Actually the car tire handles awesome made mine a wheelie machine not trying to a few time ask new rider about that. No problem on the edge of the tire I tend to dag pegs alot and dont have gh little acorns on my pegs.

no need to pull final drive either I used to have to with my old tire also.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
i wouldnt know about clearance issues i always pull the final drive its just easier that way as for turning you just have to trust the tire run it at no more than 30 psi cold giet it out on the road and lean that bitch over and trust it you will feel a point for a split second where it feels like the tire slipped but before you realize it you are back to normal the feeling is caused by the radial car tire doing what it is designed to do it actually changes form and the tire bends to the road check out these videos its not my bike but still the same thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ_d5IIdRZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZKhoFbL7Fo

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Ok, The videos convinced me. Traction is as good and probably better in straight roads and very good on curves.

·
Registered
264 Posts

that was a 17' inch 190/50 for the record 068.jpg

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
That was very interesting. Hmmmm, but is the weight of the tire on our little 750's ok?

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
That was very interesting. Hmmmm, but is the weight of the tire on our little 750's ok?
The motors in these bikes don't produce a whole lot of torque. The only time that it would potentially be a problem is taking off (hard) from the line and I don't think that it would cause a failure. As far as weight? I wouldn't think that it would weigh much more, not putting a Mickey Thompson on it :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts