Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start this thread as it relates to another that started earlier, I've got a good report!!

I was talking to you all about downsizing in weight of my personal Motorcycle. I am happy to report that those of you who encouraged me to stick it out and try to get my strength back and then see if I needed to make a move, that the Beast and I are still together for the foreseeable future.

I've been trying to lose weight and strengthen back up on my right side since May. At first I didn't realize the extent that a minor stroke had affected me physically and mentally( short term memory mostly) but as time wore on I started noticing more and more limitations in coordination and strength.After talking to you guys some and getting quite a bit of good advice, I upped my efforts on the strengthening my self.

Yesterday several of us old retired guys decided that we would have few more days like this before winter and took advantage of it. We put in over 300 miles and most of it two lane twisty blacktop. We left here and headed north to Louisa Ky then rode Rte 3 to Ashland and then hit US 60 north all the way to Morehead, Ky had a nice lunch at Cracker Barrel and headed out by Cave Run Lake and Through West Liberty Ky and on to the Red River Gorge by the Backroads.

A friend of mine just moved back here from Houton and has been trying to finish his Cabin before winter sets in and we have all been pretty busy trying to get him ready. We have got him to the point that he is ready to live in it and stay warm as he does some finish work during the cold months.. That meant tha he and his wife got to go with us for the first decent ride.

Long story short, I made it just fine other than being tired and typical numbness in my right hand, probably will always have that to deal with, but that's not going to change no matter what I trade for. I enjoyed my bike yesterday as much as I have in a long time. Got in here about an hour after dark last night and pretty cold temps and felt good..

My friend John said" this is why I moved back to Kentucky after 40 years" it was that kind of day, plenty of color still in the leaves and dropped into the gorge and took him through the tunnel and he is hooked. By the time we got out of there it was beginning to get dark so we hit the Parkway back home and avoided any collisions with critters. Got back To Ted's house and noticed they were acting like human Popsicles , I didn't even realize it was cold and was pretty comfy. I had about 15 miles on to my house and got here with no regrets about the long day or the pleasant tiredness that had crept into my body.

Me and tha big old Beast are going to be just fine together for a while longer, there it is as best I can put into words, wish you could have been there!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Wish I was there.good to hear this,Denny.stay strong,brother.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Wolfie said hello.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Glad to hear it. It would have broke my heart to see you on a 650,,lol Stay strong.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
We've definitely had great riding weather this week, glad you got to ride!

I keep reminding my riding buddies how they are missing it, I know I rode a lot more than they did this year. Myself, finished roofing my house, this week it's the garage. And now my front tire is leaking, Ride-On seems to have failed there.. Haven't been on the bike for a while, any fitness progress I made this Spring/Summer is gone now.

Keep on keepin' on Denny!

Planning to work on fitness this Winter instead of vegetating, so I'll be more ready to ride next year. Got a smokin' deal on a commercial treadmill when they closed the power plant, so that will be step one in my workout routine to get the heart rate up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts