Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:doh:
Newbie in your forum, very soon a VN owner this week YESSSSSS!
The bike has a pb ! but what a wonderfull bike, i've already ride it !:rockon:
In fact the starter seems running too slow, but the battery is new, in fact just put the 1st speed with clutch on , walk and press the starter button at the same time, it crank ! Strange thing no ? Could you help me to resolve this pb ?
some advices, some things to look about ?

Sorry for my poor English, I'm french and seems to be alone in france to have such this bike :confused:
thank's a lot

·
Registered
277 Posts
hi lootux,

your english is probably better than most here in the US lol. from what you said, i take it you can jump start the bike. the starter being "slow" would bring me to the electrical system. first make sure the battery is fully charged and check all primary electrical connections make sure they are clean and no corrosion, especially the negitive ground. hopefully you have a maintance free battery.
good luck john

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
if your battery is new... as mentioned above, see if its a mantinace free. if it is make sure your charging system is working fully. not sure bout over in france, but i know here you can take your battery to just bout any auto parts store and they will check it for ya.

·
Registered
32 Posts
welcome aboard, you'll love the site and the bike. Approximatly where in France do you live. I have visited several time and love your country.

accueillez à bord, vous aimerez l'emplacement et le vélo. Approximatly où en France vous de phase. J'ai visité plusieurs temps et aime votre pays.
:smiley_th

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Dasher said:
accueillez à bord, vous aimerez l'emplacement et le vélo. Approximatly où en France vous de phase. J'ai visité plusieurs temps et aime votre pays.
:smiley_th
huh?

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
*L* Hizzo, he translated it above
welcome aboard, you'll love the site and the bike. Approximatly where in France do you live. I have visited several time and love your country.
translates to french as....

Now.. as far as starting the bike..
If it starts when you put it in gear and walk it, you may have a bad spot on your starter. Mine does this every once in a while. If I try and start it and it just clicks, I put it in 1st, rock the bike back and forth and then pull in the clutch, hit the button and Vrrroooom! she starts.
There are starter rebuild kits available, or sometimes a good cleaning helps.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
*LOL* Cause you don't have a "flat" spot in your starter like I do? Doesn't happen often, but enough.. maybe once every ride or so.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oups !

I was in Sweden for 2 days, so ...* sorry to be late !
fortunatelly by plane :beerchug:

in fact the worse weather I have seen ....
very windy, cold 3°C, and rain Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

I live near Lyon near the alps

the batt is new but I think a standard one, I will see it, I will pick it tomorrow

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

The automatic translation is awfull, it's better to do not !! ;)

When you say a bad spot : it means that there is a strong point just before crank ?
so like as if the starter force is not sufficient to turn the engine ? because it seems to be that !:mad:

The starter has been changed by another one wich was an used one but cleaned

and the same result.... I will make some tests more this we to see how it works exactly

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yessssssss

I ride yesterday with a very good weather, it was fine, except my ass which is not use to, just for now....:motorcycl

For the start pb, it seems that the starter doesn't get enough power ! :zzz:

I will check it, but I don't know exactly how !
I though to plug directly the starter on the battery (out of the bike) and check if it runs well (as fast as it needed)

will see:confused:

If you have some advices or somethings not to do ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some news

Today, rain, so I worked on it, I changed the starter cable by a new one (home made), i cleaned the ground on the frame, I cleaned (with contact cleaner) the fuse box and it's connectors. it cranked !
something new, the starter seems to be just in power, so a little bit better, but when it cranked it's may after 1 sec (not really rotate the starter) and sometimes nothing ! no poping, nothing, except a BANG (explode the exhaust:loser1: ) and the starter turn at a little bit slow speed !

So , my question now ?
The choke?
I put it at the middle, but I'm not sure if it's well adjust (equal to kawa)

Something interesting also, It's better to start on the central with clutch pulled, don't know why, may be for the starter it's lighter to turn

so if you have some ideas to try to improve it ,start

1 - 11 of 11 Posts