Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, you need to go to the "Gallery" ( click "Gallery", just under the rear of the front tire on the VN750.com banner)
Upon entering there, click "Upload Photos"

Next, choose where you want to post the picture.
Now you want to click on "Browse" to get the pic off of your computer

Once you have the pic selected, you can add a title and description (but you don't have to if you'd rather not)

Once the pic is uploaded, right click the pic to get to the "Properties"

Copy the info in the "URL" line

To add the pic to your post, click the postcard looking icon

Then paste the copied URL in the box

(make sure you don't have two 'http:'s' in front of the URL)

The result should look like this

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Post reset to preserve it. Photos also copied in case they also get deleted

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Yeah I gave him a big thumbs up too!
:smiley_th

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks.
If any of the instructions I left don't work for somebody, leave a message as to the trouble you're having and I'll try to make things more complete.

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Exactly what I've been trying to do, .jpg type file under 300k, still just get a blank screen (after clicking "submit")...oh well...I'll give it another try after I have pics of the new bike...:motorcycl

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can also resize your photo with microsoft photo editor. Just open your photo using MS photo editor. On the drop down menu click on "image" then click on "resize". A window will open showing you the current size of your photo. Use the up/down arrows by the size box to change the size or enter a new size in the box. Make sure the units are set to pixels. 640 X 480 seems to work good for uploading to this site.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hope this works!

Rats!

·
Registered
164 Posts

Ah Ha!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Newer browsers like Safari (Mac or Windows) let you copy the image address with a right click no need to copy and paste. This address can be for any picture you see on the internet and want to share in a post w/o uploading to this site.

Example: Here's a pic of one of my other bikes from a vintage www site. All I did was right click on the picture, copy image address, click the image icon and add the address. No need to load the pic to vn750.

DT

·
Woody
1 Posts
Many Vulcans/Dummy on PC

First Thank-you for this information as I am a real dummy when it comes to computers:hitanykey. I have a collections of Vulcans 1500,800, and 2 750,2002 and 1986 First year edition. Plus a ton of parts. I was about to dump them all as I now have (2) Harley's and the Vulcan's have always been a real chore to repair including the Stater on the 86, and the clutch on the Classic 88. I just got the 2002 750 out of the shop and that cost $387 just to have the carbs cleaned. I enjoy riding every weekend and want to spend less time wrenching which I also enjoy. So please send more info on how to naviagate this website. I will take some pic's as I start this work (Stater & Clutch) and need assistananced. Thanks

·
Mechman53
6 Posts
Does this apply to signature picture. Having trouble moving that picture.

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Newer browsers like Safari (Mac or Windows) let you copy the image address with a right click no need to copy and paste. This address can be for any picture you see on the internet and want to share in a post w/o uploading to this site.

Example: Here's a pic of one of my other bikes from a vintage www site. All I did was right click on the picture, copy image address, click the image icon and add the address. No need to load the pic to vn750.

DT
That is good info and the same procedure can be used to post pics from anywhere as long as the pic has an address. However, if the owner of the pic moves it or the server moves/has problems/shuts down, the pic will disappear from here. Ultimately, having your pics stored in a web pic host (IE Photobucket) will serve you better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts