Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a previous issue with my coolant and I finally got that solved but I was driving down the road and my oil light came on, so I got the bike to my house did an oil change. I burped the filter and primed it before installing it, have the right oil for my motorcycle and it's filled to the proper level. Oil light went off and I left for a short ride and after about 10 minutes the oil light came back on. I got the bike home and looked up saw that some oil filters have an issue with some kind of check valve so I went and got the Kawasaki filter for my bike get another oil change and the oil light went away I let the bike run at my home for a while this time and eventually the oil light came back on now my engine is making a new click. I don't really want to keep running it to make the problem worse. I'm going to try and check the oil pressure to see if the pump is bad but I would appreciate any input from people more experienced than myself.

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Usually, the tick is a bad ACCT.

Had trouble with my oil light for a bit, replacing with a new oil sending unit cured it.

Cleaning the old unit and running a dose of Seafoam in the oil helped for a couple of seasons.

Don't have to buy the kawi part, an automotive type will work fine if you match the threads. Mine was $8.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts