Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I did the r/r relo last night. The bolts really are a pain to get to. If I had it to do over again, I would just drill them out as Fergy did. Otherwise, it wasn't too difficult. I took the U-bolt approach rather than attaching to the passenger footpeg bracket.

Anyway, while I was trying to get the wrench in place to remove the bolts from the r/r, I broke off a corner of one of the fins of the r/r. That shouldn't be a problem, should it? I rode it for about an hour last night and then again on the way to work today and didn't have any trouble with it.

Just wondering...

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
To the best of my knowledge the fins are just surface area to dissipate heat. There are no sensors or electronics in the fins. You just lost a bit of the cooling surface which should be compensated by moving it out into the air like you did.

·
Geek
872 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ What she said

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Stuff Happens !
Appearance is all that'll be affected by it.
If anyone does ever notice it, just tell them ya had a nuclear physicist study it and he determined that you can get it 6-8 degrees cooler by having that piece removed !!
Not that I'm a nuclear physicist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. :doh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts