Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!!
I am new to the group but I have posted already about some issues I had. The latest known issue right after I replaced my R/R (and battery is just 1month old) is that it’s not recharging…..so I guess the stator is bad. I had tested the wires and one of them was showing a short leg.. :/
I am reading here all about the stator replacement. Huge help from the people who have done it already and wrote this step by step, THANK YOU!!!
So, the only little weird thing I noticed after I fired it up is that little noice, sounds like a “tik tik” every know and then. What that could be? I thought maybe something on the fan, but it doesn’t really sound like it’s coming through there. Does anyone know what this could be?

******apparently I cannot upload a video here… :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Number one noisemaker is the cam chain tensioners, if they're not real bad they'll quiet down after warmup.

Have to put videos somewhere like YouTube and post the link.
That could be because I think it’s coming closer to this area.. either way I have to open soon for the stator…ughh

·
Super Moderator
12,154 Posts
My old ears aren’t as sensitive as they used to be, but what I heard sounds fairly normal.... valve noise and cam chain ticking.
The question is.... does it seem to go away at higher rpms? Does it quiet down after the motor has heated up? (Like after a long ride)
These bikes from what I’ve observed do have a noisy motor compared to some other bikes.
If the tapping you hear gets louder when you open the throttle more (3500-4500 rpm) I’d be concerned.
What oil are you using?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My old ears aren’t as sensitive as they used to be, but what I heard sounds fairly normal.... valve noise and cam chain ticking.
The question is.... does it seem to go away at higher rpms? Does it quiet down after the motor has heated up? (Like after a long ride)
These bikes from what I’ve observed do have a noisy motor compared to some other bikes.
If the tapping you hear gets louder when you open the throttle more (3500-4500 rpm) I’d be concerned.
What oil are you using?
…yeah it’s not that bad and looks like it’s not happening on high rpm. But right when it comes back to idle it is doing it again.
Now, I haven’t taken it yet for long ride neither have left the bike running idle fo4 more than 5-10 minutes yet.
I just replaced the R/R and is not charging so, I am about to start disconnecting parts, so I can replace the stator….and then hopefully back at it.
And the sound doesn’t get worse at all.
Oil, I didn’t do an oil change yet, I will drain it all either way …but I will go with the recommended.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts