Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again everyone my bike has been earshaved and i need to have her rejetted as at top speed i do about 80mph screaming, i feel theres more power to be had but it doesnt go any further or faster then that sadly.
I am wondering ( as a total novice) what is the correct jet size i should put in my carbs, i would rather get the info of all of you here as your much more knowledgeable about our VN's then a regular mechanic.
I know i need 2 types of jets, some sizes would be great so i can ask my mechanic to order and fit them and all is sorted without having to take it back and get a different size that he could have possibly recommended.
I trust you guys and girls much more then the mechanics around were i live :smiley_th

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
You'd need to say what your altitude is... I THINK for near sea level 142/42 seem to be a good choice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi i didnt realise that altitude would be a factor for jet size but you learn something new everyday.
I am at sea level, i live in the UK and its pretty much flat here.
Thankyou for the info on sizes.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I'm at sea level, 27 ft (8.2m) to be exact, and running a 42/142 set up without a problem.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
40/142 here, north of Boston Massachusetts. Smooth all the rpm range. Had it up to 100 and it had more left to give, so you've got more top end to look forward to when it's done I'd say. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts