Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading some of the older posts and now I am really in need of some info. What are marbleing, coastering and earshaving?
I have had my 2000 750 for almost 2 years now with no real problems except the previous owner never lubed the splines. I didn't know about that either until the pinion teeth sheared off one day.

Anyhow, any info on the above terms would be appreciated.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Check the Vulcan verses or do a search of the words for a more complete explanation, but briefly, marbleing and coastering have to do with blocking the fresh air to the reed valves in the exhaust manifolds, and eliminate or decrease the popping upon deceleration.

An earshave is removing the air filter housings (ears), and replacing them with V&N pod filters attached directly to the carbs.

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again everybody, but I dont have to worry about that right now. Swerved to miss a possum last night coming home from work, and ended up in an 8 foot deep ditch. I got very lucky but my bike didnt fair as well.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Welcome to the group Randy. Too bad about your bike. I went to look at your picks. I searched your name and found 4 listings, none of which I believe are you. Do you know how to post pics here? If not it's as simple as right clicking the pic you want from a web hosted site, hylight & copy the address in the properties come to the forum and in the reply box click the image (post card looking thing beside the world in chains) & paste it & away you go. Now with that said I've never tried it from face book. That's worth checking out.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ok I'm gonna try to do this, hope it works for everyone http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=689222086&aid=286207
How the F did you not get hurt in that bend up?... the right side pipe is like where your supposed to be!

but all in all.. not to bad a bang up..looks to be mostly body stuff..in the rear.. looks like a good time to mod some differnt parts on!.. just sayin...might be that we are looking at a Frankenbike in the works?

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went out earlier and gave the bike a once over, I was gonna part it out but I dont know now. My wife and I were talking about it and I might be able to rebuild it. Fork tubes are junk, and the tail section of the frame, under the seat might be bent. Won't know for sure til I get it apart, but it started after a few cranks, so that might be a good sign. I think it might make a cool bobber.

·
Daily Rider
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got very lucky, was only going about 45 mph, and landed in a ditch, sure glad the ground is still wet and soft.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Wow, I just checked out the pics. You are damb lucky to not have been hurt. I'm sure you already know but ebay & here are great part resources. It does sound like time to build a bobber!

·
Banned
448 Posts
I'm glad to hear you are ok. I think there would have been a dead possum in the road instead of a wrecked bike.
I know there are situations where laying down a bike is better than the alternative, but I believe if an animal getting run over saves said bike and rider, then that's what I would do if all else fails, but that's just me. I hate running over small animals, but unfortunately I have before.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Saw the pics, glad you're ok.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts