Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VN750.com, you guys rock! Here's a Holiday thank you for y'all.

I got my 750 back in October and have referenced this forum for the oil change, spark plug reccommendations, final drive oil change, coolant flush process and brake fluid flush, and the hot topic item...the spline lube procedure! Using the renwoned post from fergy (from 2006!) I was able to perform this procedure in my garage today. The step-by-step instructions were hugely helpful and I'm so grateful this documented procedure exists. As an engineer, I LOVE a good procedure and a great system for knowledge management. And I'm happy to report to y'all that my 2005 model (14k miles) looks good! No issues with the splines being rusted at all (I was nervous as to what I'd find). I attached some pictures. My baby is sleeping until the Spring, and I am ready for many many miles of fun riding! Happy Holidays everyone!

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
The power of black and silver!

Looks very clean.

My bike would probably be a parts donor without this forum. Read as much as I could before committing to buying it in 2013. Didn't even get a test ride and still went in with my eyes open.

Merry Christmas Y'all! Going to be a white one for us, we're getting hammered.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,770 Posts
Yup, Fergy is/was the sheet here. one of the first things I did on here (over 13yrs ago), was to print out Fergy's spline lube procedure. Fergy rules! I have reviewed that print out, many times over the years. I used it every time I preformed a spline lube on my VN750.
Yes, this forum is a GREAT place. there is SO much knowledge that has been posted on here over the years, by some truly great people. that I, myself, have had the great pleasure, to actually meet some of them in person.

thank you for your well wishes. I wish all the same to you too.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I concur that this site has been the saving grace to keeping my bike going. I had zero experience working on motorcycles but always wanted to. The detailed knowledge here gave me the push I needed to get started. Now I just wish I had a garage so I could do even more!

Merry Christmas,
Stay safe and be well

·
Registered
816 Posts
Your bike looks clean as a whistle! So does your shop, nice work. This forum is invaluable for our bikes, we’re lucky to have such a specialized dedicated forum for our bikes.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,277 Posts
Welcome to the nucking futhouse and Merry Christmas

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts