Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

A GPS Mount I Like--

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  clock152 
#1 ·
I saw a post where someone was asking about GPS and mounts and could not find it so I put this in a new post... Sorry about the bugs and dirt...lol...

A little GPS mount that I have been usin for quite a while, and I really like it...
My son got it for me, but if anyone else would like I can get the name and price from him...

I epoxied the little tab on the GPS and added a safety line just in case, but so far it has not been needed... That is a NUVI 500, I used the 200 till my grandson broke his and I gave him the 200 and got the 500 because it had longer battery life...
The Nuvis are pretty cheap, don't cost an arm & leg like the motorcycle specifics do...lol...

See less See more
#2 ·
That's really nice! As for battery life, I found two unused wires (one is 12V, the other is ground) in the headlight housing. I purchased an extra cigarett lighter power cord for mine, and plan on removing the lighter plug, and hooking it up to the leads in the headlight housing.

Good Luck!

#3 ·
Those two "unused leads" are in fact "accessory wires" put there by Kaw for owner use. There is also a set under the right sidecover. Both are fused with 10 amp fuses.

I used the ones in my headlight shell to power my driving lights, and the ones in the rear went to a waterproof "cigar lighter" plug so I could charge my phone while on a trip.

Anyway, am guessing ODog... the "ball" is not a standard 1" RAM type ball, but just the one used on the back of the Nuvi mount.??

KM

#6 · (Edited)
Those two "unused leads" are in fact "accessory wires" put there by Kaw for owner use. There is also a set under the right sidecover. Both are fused with 10 amp fuses.

I used the ones in my headlight shell to power my driving lights, and the ones in the rear went to a waterproof "cigar lighter" plug so I could charge my phone while on a trip.

Anyway, am guessing ODog... the "ball" is not a standard 1" RAM type ball, but just the one used on the back of the Nuvi mount.??
[/B]KM
KM-Thats about what I did, and you are right, the ball fits the Nuvis and is not a 1" Dia. RAM type ball...

No slim, thats a different mount....

PS-I just liked this mount because it was neat, small, solid & metal...

Have a good one...Old Dog...

#4 ·
That mount is cool but also, take a look at Ram mounts. They are awesome!

www.ram-mount.com

#9 ·
Ditto on that. I use one with my Nuvi 500 and it's rock solid and holds the GPS like it's in a vice. I've also used the same RAM mount to hold my flip camera when I've filmed my rides.

RG

#7 ·
I bought a garmin nuvi 1100 ultra thin searched high and low for a gps mount. couldn't find one. I dont do the paypal thing. Would like to find one and order one before spring hits

#8 ·
I bought a garmin nuvi 1100 ultra thin searched high and low for a gps mount. couldn't find one. I dont do the paypal thing. Would like to find one and order one before spring hits
Just be sure it will mount where you want it, mine is perfect where I wanted it, but had it been a hair shorter stem it would not have worked there...
See how close between the bar & speedo mine is, no room to spare, almost didn't work...lol...

#11 ·
No one ask so I didn't bother, but have now e-mailed my son to find out...
Sorry didn't know anyone was intertested... Should have it before long though...

#12 ·
Received his e-mail reply, he bought his & mine off ebay... Thats about all he remembers...
I know when he showed it to me I ask him to get me one and he did, thats been a couple of years ago, so maybe if you watch and check ebay you may find it... I don't do ebay is the reason he got it for me... Sorry...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.