Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I've seen a ton of stator threads, is there a good one with a laid out process with everything that needs removed?
2. I decided to not have my wife divorce me and do this in my shed where I park the bike. (actually I'm not scared of her, my 18 year old daughter wants to move back up here after graduation and get away from her psycho mom and she'll need the room I was gonna do it in.
3. do you think this will be enough space to do a stator replacement. I park in an 8x10 shed and have it centered diagonally to give me more space on each side and pushed to the rear corner so I can get around the front. (pics provided)
4. will I need to the rear of the bike for anything or should I pull it forward so I can get around the back to cause once I put her on the centerstand and strap it to the front tire I don't want to have to move it again.

and 5. to answer your question, our bike does not have a reverse you all do not know about, the only time she gets backed into the shed is when she is broke down and I roll it off the ramp from my truck. shed is a nice cheap way to keep her out of the rain if you have no garage though.

heres the pics

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Not the old "my daughter's moving back home" excuse!! :doh: Does your wife keep your balls in her purse or the night stand? :hitanykey LOL

You have enough room, you just need to remove the engine enough to remove the left side cover or pull the engine completly. Look in the electrical Forum there should be a Sticky. :smiley_th

·
Addicted to Projects
545 Posts
^^ What Lance said.
I did an engine pull in a wall tent that was about 10X10 and had another bike against one wall. and a small bench against the other. As long as you can get around the bike there is enough room for everything but the carbs.
Believe me they really do come out, and they are needed back in the bike for it to run properly (read as at all)!

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled an engine on a polaris 250 trailblazer inside a 12x12 screen tent with a couch in it and plywood for a floor, it wasnt too bad. I though this might be a little tighter but I'll have to manage.
and she keeps them in her purse!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the link seebeeare!
and the wife actually said she would rather have the bike in there than another kid moving back into the house! boy if my daughter changes her mind my wife is screwed, but then again we have 8 kids and it always seems like at least one is coming or going!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts