Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading adjustment of carb needle valve which i think i have identafied but all the pics from form that showed location do not work anymore any one have a current picture of this i can view. And also info on performance is there a performance gain adjust to a richer mixture?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Dianna posted a couple pics in the gallery here.
Here they are....

Left:

Right:

I haven't done anything to mine, but I believe the only thing adjusting them does is help eliminate decel popping and nothing for a performance gain.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
is there a certain rule of thumb on how to adjust them? mine pops when you get off the throttle almost like a back fire. ? any suggestions

·
Registered
53 Posts
There are several things that cause the pop sound....First is a leaking exhaust gasket. Second is a lean condition which can be adjusted by the fuel mixture screws you are asking about. They should be turned in until they bottom out (gently so as not to damage the seat) then turned back out anywhere from 2 to 3 full turns. There is one on each carb as shown in the pictures. The third is the emission control stuff on the bike. You can block these with the marble trick or coasters. There is info for this in Vulcan Verses as well as multiple threads here. Hope this helps.

And KM, I believe your calculations are off a bit. I got a HP increase of .003% and my bike runs .05% cooler. Perhaps the extra .00000001% of a turn I gave my screws is the difference. You need to readjust yours....lmao.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts